Gillette Fusion ProGlide 500
Today, 10:16 a.m. PDT
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualifying Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Denny Hamlin 5/1 3rd 5th 18th 3rd Three-time Pocono winner; using chassis that has won both of its 2010 starts.
2. Jeff Burton 15/1 9th 13th 3rd 1st Using chassis that finished second at Dover and 12th at Texas; ran most laps in practice.
3. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 1st 26th 1st 2nd Two-time Pocono winner, sweeping both 2004 races; using 16th-place Dover chassis.
4. Clint Bowyer 20/1 15th 2nd 4th 12th Led with 10 laps left in last Pocono race, finished third. Among the best flat-track drivers.
5. Juan Pablo Montoya 15/1 2nd 7th 2nd 6th Outstanding single lap and average lap speeds in practice; using Las Vegas chassis.
6. Kyle Busch 8/1 6th 1st 5th 14th Only Pocono top-five finish was in first start ever; practice says career-best finish today.
7. Kevin Harvick 18/1 14th 22nd 6th 5th Top average speeds in first practice 2; using new chassis; Pocono average finish is 15.7.
8. Tony Stewart 20/1 17th 6th 12th 11th Won this race in 2009 with backup chassis starting from rear; best practice in two months.
9. Jeff Gordon 8/1 8th 10th 9th 23rd 34 career Pocono starts with four wins and 24 top-10 finishes; good average lap times.
10. Kurt Busch 8/1 10th 4th 10th 20th No one hotter and few with more horsepower, the top ingredient for Pocono success.
Note: Pocono Raceway is a flat tri-angular 2Â½-mile track. Indianapolis is closest comparison.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He writes for multiple publications covering all sports. He can be reached at MM.Roberts7Gmail.com. For more Roberts insight on the Pocono race, log onto LVRJ.com/Motorsports.more Micah Roberts’ driver rankings