July 15, 2012 - 11:52 am
Lenox Industrial Tools 301
New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, N.H.
10 a.m. today, TNT (18); race starts at 10:16
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Denny Hamlin 6/1 9th 3rd 1st 1st
2007 winner; dominated Saturday practices with fastest average speeds.
2. Kyle Busch 12/1 1st 1st 7th 2nd
2006 winner; his strong practices usually translate well to race day.
3. Brad Keselowski 12/1 19th 22nd 12th 3rd
Runner-up last fall; second-fastest 10-consecutive lap average Saturday.
4. Clint Bowyer 15/1 13th 5th 5th 4th
Two-time winner, with another at Richmond; excels on short, flatter tracks.
5. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 14th 7th 8th 5th
Three-time winner, last in 2010; using sixth-place Richmond chassis.
6. Kasey Kahne 12/1 4th 2nd 6th 8th
Career-best fourth place as 2004 rookie; using fifth-place Richmond chassis.
7. Martin Truex Jr. 15/1 6th 4th 3rd 7th
Grew up racing at this track; best finish third place; consistent practices.
8. Tony Stewart 5/1 10th 10th 20th 19th
Three-time winner, including last fall; using third-place Richmond chassis.
9. Jeff Gordon 8/1 11th 8th 2nd 12th
Three-time winner, last in 1998; fourth-best 10-lap average in Practice 2.
10. Ryan Newman 15/1 16th 6th 14th 15th
Three-time winner; using chassis that won here last spring.
Note: Phoenix and Richmond can be used as a barometer at New Hampshire because of similar distances and banking. Hamlin won at Phoenix in March and Busch won at Richmond in April.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more insights and post-practice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.