Charlotte Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
2:30 p.m. today, Fox (5); race starts at 3
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Kasey Kahne 8/1 3rd 6th 1st 1st Four-time winner — three Coca-Colas, including 2012; using second-place Kansas chassis
2. Kyle Busch 6/1 2nd 8th 3rd 10th Two-time runner-up; top-five finishes in eight of past 11 starts, including last three
3. Matt Kenseth 6/1 9th 3rd 8th 4th Two-time winner, the last in 2011; won on two of the three 1.5-mile tracks this season
4. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 4th 12th 5th 8th Six-time winner but no top-10s since 2007; top 10 consecutive lap average in Practice 2
5. Denny Hamlin 7/1 15th 1st 7th 3rd Placed second in both races last year; healthy and looked great in final practices
6. Kurt Busch 35/1 1st 2nd 2nd 2nd 2010 winner; led All-Star Race twice for 29 laps last week; getting faster every week
7. Martin Truex Jr. 15/1 10th 17th 11th 23rd Nothing special in practice, nor at Charlotte, but placed second at similar Texas track
8. Greg Biffle 15/1 22nd 7th 6th 5th Finished fourth in both races last year; using Texas chassis he rode to lone 2013 top-five
9. Carl Edwards 12/1 14th 13th 26th 13th 12th-place average in 16 starts; using chassis that competed in All-Star Race last week
10. Joey Logano 35/1 19th 31st 17th 11th Average finish of 10.1 in eight starts; placed fifth on similar track at Texas
Note: This is one of the year’s most challenging races for crews because there are three drastically different condition changes — running from daylight to dusk and then night — while also running more miles than any other race.
Odds courtesy of the LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights on the race, go to The Linemakers on SportingNews.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.