Las Vegas Review-Journal NFL reporter Gilbert Manzano’s weekly rankings, with last week’s ranking in parentheses.
1. Chiefs 5-0 (1). Alex Smith continues his MVP campaign. He’s completing 76 percent off his passes and thrown for 11 touchdowns with zero interceptions.
2. Broncos 3-1 (2). Trevor Siemian and the dominant Broncos defense comes off a bye week to play against the winless Giants.
3. Eagles 4-1 (6). It’s time to take the Eagles seriously. They can do more than just win the NFC East.
4. Falcons 3-1 (3). The Falcons return from a bye week to face the Dolphins.
5. Packers 4-1 (5). Will teams ever learn? Stop giving Aaron Rodgers the ball last. He’ll burn you every time.
6. Panthers 4-1 (8). Cam Newton’s stellar play continued against the Lions.
7. Patriots 3-2 (9). New England’s defense finally woke up to contain Jameis Winston and the Bucs.
8. Lions 3-2 (4). Matthew Stafford and the Lions came up short against the Panthers.
9. Seahawks 3-2 (14). Seattle’s defense made it clear who’s still the top dog in the NFC West.
10. Rams 3-2 (10). The Rams had a chance to make a statement versus the Seahawks, but the offense had no answers against the Legion of Boom.
11. Redskins 2-2 (12). The Redskins return from a bye week to face the 49ers.
12. Bills 3-2 (11). The surprising Bills took a step back after a loss to the Bengals.
13. Steelers 3-2 (7). Five interceptions for Ben Roethlisberger against the Jaguars. Business is not booming for the Steelers.
14. Jaguars 3-2 (21). Jacksonville crushed the Steelers and had Roethlisberger thinking retirement.
15. Ravens 3-2 (20). All Joe Flacco needed to break out of his funk was a date with the Raiders’ poor secondary.
16. Vikings 3-2 (17). Case Keenum to the rescue. The Vikings escaped Chicago with a win on Monday night.
17. Raiders 2-3 (13). The Raiders didn’t have Derek Carr versus the Ravens, but they probably would have still lost if Carr played. Oakland needs to take care of its offensive issues.
18. Jets 3-2 (23). Josh McCown and the hot Jets are gunning for that AFC East crown.
19. Texans 2-3 (15). Houston finally has an explosive offense, but now its defense is hurting with the loss of J.J. Watt.
20. Cowboys 2-3 (16). Dak Prescott and the Cowboys offense showed up against the Packers. Dallas has serious problems on the defensive side.
21. Buccaneers 2-2 (19). The Bucs’ offense stalled against a troubled Patriots defense.
22. Titans 2-3 (18). Tennessee desperately needs Marcus Mariota back under center. Matt Cassel won’t get the job done.
23. Bengals 2-3 (25). Suddenly the Bengals are back in the AFC North race with a clicking offense.
24. Saints 2-2 (22). The Saints return from a bye week to face the Lions at home.
25. Chargers 1-4 (29). The Chargers finally won a game that went down to the wire.
26. Cardinals 2-3 (24). Arizona was embarrassed by Carson Wentz and the Eagles. Starting to tank might be best for the Cardinals.
27. Dolphins 2-2 (26). The only reason why the Dolphins beat the Titans was because Mariota didn’t play. Miami’s offense turned in another pitiful performance.
28. Bears 1-4 (27). Mitchell Trubisky impressed in his debut but doesn’t have wide receiver talent to assist him.
29. Colts 2-3 (30). The Colts are only one game behind in the AFC South and Andrew Luck seems close to a return. Things are starting to look up for Indy.
30. Giants 0-5 (28). The Giants’ season officially ended when Odell Beckham broke his ankle against the Chargers.
31. 49ers 0-5 (31). Another close loss for the Niners. This time in overtime against the Colts.
32. Browns 0-5 (32). Cleveland passed on Deshaun Watson for DeShone Kizer, who just got benched for Kevin Hogan. The Browns face Watson and the Texans this week.