ad-fullscreen

Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon will wait to provide update on November race

The Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series will hold off on commenting on the November race’s status until a later date following Sunday’s mass shooting on the Las Vegas Strip.

“Our hearts and thoughts are with the victims, their families and all of those affected,” president Josh Furlow said in a release. “Out of respect for those impacted, including our local partners at the City of Las Vegas, Clark County, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, and other first responder personnel, we will be waiting to provide any additional comment as it relates to our upcoming marathon.”

Furlow said in the release that at the appropriate time, they would re-engage in dialogue with government agencies and law enforcement officials to deliver a safe experience for participants for the event, which is scheduled for Nov. 11-12.

The pre-race concert is scheduled to take place at Las Vegas Village, the site of Sunday’s shooting.

Last year’s race weekend drew more than 40,000 participants to the Strip, including runners from all over the country — and world. The event completely shuts down the Strip at night to motor traffic.

“Our focus right now is supporting the Las Vegas community in the 24 hours after this horrific tragedy,” a race official said. “In the coming days, we will take a look and review everything related to November’s marathon.”

Contact Betsy Helfand at bhelfand@reviewjournal.com. Follow @BetsyHelfand on Twitter.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like