1. UNLV coach Dave Rice on what he told his team after beating Cal Poly, 74-72.
“Told our team that was a game we won with our mental toughness and with our physical toughness and not with our offensive execution.”
2. Jerome Seagears on playing his first game with UNLV after sitting out a year:
“I was waiting for that question. I feel great getting out there. A whole year sitting out. I just felt good. Great to be on that floor, can’t wait for Monday.”
3. Stephen Zimmerman Jr. on facing a tough Cal Poly team for his UNLV debut:
“My thigh hurts. I got kneed in my thigh. It hurts pretty bad right now.”
4. Rice gives credit to Dwayne Morgan for providing a spark off the bench:
“No one has been more important in understanding his role and playing well more than Dwayne Morgan. He understands he’s an energy guy, he’s a rebounder, he’s a defender. I have a lot of confidence in him.”
5. Zimmerman after being asked what it’s like to play his first college game:
“It’s pretty crazy not gonna lie. It’s pretty loud in there (at Thomas & Mack Center) and one thing I was thinking when it was loud I’m definitely not looking forward to that at other places. It’s an amazing thing to have the fans that we have.”
Gilbert Manzano can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @gmanzano24
Check our GameDay page for full coverage of the UNLV-Cal Poly game.