Israel has vowed to escalate the nearly 18-month war with Hamas until the terrorist group returns dozens of remaining hostages, disarms and leaves the territory.
War in Israel
While so far giving no specifics about the campaign and its targets, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt put the overall number of strikes on Tuesday at more than 200.
Yemen’s Houthi terrorists claimed Tuesday that they shot down another American MQ-9 Reaper drone, as the U.S. kept up its intense airstrikes targeting the group.
Israel’s military issued sweeping evacuation orders covering Rafah and nearby areas, indicating it could soon launch another major ground operation in the Gaza Strip’s southernmost city.
Israeli strikes Sunday morning killed at least 16 people, according to Nasser Hospital in the southern city of Khan Younis, as Palestinians in Gaza marked the usually festive Eid al-Fitr.
The attacks followed a night of airstrikes early Friday that appeared particularly intense compared to other days in the campaign that began March 15.
Israel’s military struck Beirut for the first time since a ceasefire with the Lebanon-based terrorist group Hezbollah started in November.
Israel has vowed to escalate the offensive if Hamas does not release hostages, disarm and leave the territory.
Protesters leveled unusually direct and public criticism of Hamas, which has quashed dissent violently in the past in Gaza.
Israel’s parliament passed a state budget amid the ongoing war in Gaza and the hostage crisis. Prime Minister Netanyahu’s government is more likely to survive to the end of its term.
Israel’s defense minister says it is trying to avoid harming civilians as it strikes Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip.
Israel’s military struck the largest hospital in southern Gaza on Sunday night, killing one person, wounding others and causing a large fire, the territory’s Hamas-run Health Ministry said.
Edan Alexander, a 21-year-old Israeli-American soldier who grew up in the U.S., is one of 59 hostages still in Gaza, more than half of whom are believed to be dead.
Israel struck Lebanon in retaliation for rockets targeting Israel, killing six people, in the heaviest exchange of fire since its ceasefire with Hezbollah almost four months ago.
Israel Katz’s comments on Friday came days after renewed Israeli airstrikes on Gaza — as well as the country moving more troops into the Palestinian territory.