Rolling street closures will run through downtown Las Vegas over the next nine days heading into the music, arts and food festival known as Life is Beautiful, city officials said.
Starting at midnight Wednesday, downtown streets will be shut down in seven phases leading up to the opening of the fifth annual event expected to draw more than 100,000 people between Sept. 22-24. The festival encompasses 18 blocks bounded by Mesquite and Bridger avenues, Sixth Street and Maryland Boulevard.
Organizers are erecting stages, fences and booths along the closed streets to prepare for the festival, which will feature performances by Chance The Rapper, Kaskade, Wiz Khalifa and others.
All the streets will reopen in phases over the course of a week as organizers tear down the stages and booths.
Those attending the event can purchase three-day shuttle passes for $45, with pickup offered at the World Trade Market Center’s parking lot, 495 S. Grand Central Parkway. The shuttles drop off within a block of the entrance at Fremont and Seventh streets. Information: lifeisbeautiful.com.
A cheaper alternative is taking a public bus or the Deuce into downtown, according to the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada.
Downtown-area bus routes affected by the road closures include the Deuce, Boulder Highway Express and Routes 113, 207 and 215.
Contact Art Marroquin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0336. Follow @AMarroquin_LV on Twitter.Life is Beautiful street closures
• Mesquite Avenue will close between Las Vegas Boulevard and Eighth Street
• Seventh and Sixth streets will close between Stewart Avenue and U.S. Highway 95
• 10th Street will close between Ogden Avenue and Fremont Street
• Eighth Street will close between Fremont Street and Carson Avenue
• Stewart Avenue will close between Las Vegas Boulevard and Eighth Street
• Ogden Avenue will close between Las Vegas Boulevard and Seventh Street
• Sixth and Seventh streets will close between Ogden and Stewart avenues
• 11th Street will close between Ogden and Carson avenues
• Fremont Street will close between Sixth and 11th streets
• Ogden Avenue will close between Seventh and 11th streets
• Seventh and Ninth streets will close between Carson and Ogden avenues
• Eighth Street will close between Fremont Street and Stewart Avenue
• 10th Street will close between Carson Avenue and Fremont Street
• Carson Avenue will close between Seventh and 11th streets
• Fremont Street will close between 11th Street and Maryland Boulevard
• Carson Avenue will close between Sixth and 11th streets
• Bridger Avenue will close between Sixth and Eighth streets
• Sixth Street will close between Carson and Ogden avenues
• Seventh Street will close between Bridger and Carson avenues
• Maryland Boulevard will close between Carson and Ogden avenues
Source: City of Las Vegas