In Your Neighborhood
- Fern Adair Conservatory of the Arts, 3265 E. Patrick Lane, plans a holiday performance at the 25th annual Festival of Trees & Lights at 2 p.m. Nov. 23 at Paris Las Vegas, 3655 Las Vegas Blvd. South, inside the Rivoli Ballroom. It will benefit the Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada. The black-tie-optional celebration will include dinner, entertainment, holiday displays and live auctions. Tickets are $275. Visit dsosn.org or fernadair.com. Holiday performances of “A Fairy Tale Christmas” are set for 2 p.m. Dec. 14-15 at the Children’s Theatre Workshop at the conservatory’s Studio D. Tickets are $3. The show is scheduled to feature many well-known fairy tale characters, such as the three little pigs, the big, bad wolf, Cinderella and the fairy godmother. Call 702-458-7575 to reserve tickets.
- Works by artist Jim Longwell are scheduled to be on display through Nov. 29 at The Gallery at the Henderson Multigenerational Center, 250 S. Green Valley Parkway. Longwell uses a technique called encaustic, a medium in which beeswax is applied using a torch and a heat gun. Visit cityofhenderson.com/parks.
- E-String Grill & Poker Bar, 2031 W. Sunset Road, offers live entertainment several days a week. Visit estringlive.com.
- The Henderson farmers market is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays at the Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S. Water St. Admission is free. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- The Country Fresh farmers market is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Admission is free.
Worth a Drive
- Signature Productions plans to present “Guys and Dolls” at the Summerlin Library and Performing Arts Center, 1771 Inner Circle Drive, through Nov. 23 at 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Saturdays. Tickets are $30 for adults, $28 for seniors 60 or older and students 13 or older and $20 for children 3 to 12. Visit signatureproductions.net.
- The Las Vegas Philharmonic: Masterworks Series II “Love of Country” is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 23 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. The Philharmonic and guest conductor George Hanson are set to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 3 “Eroica” to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy and to honor service members. Tickets are $25 to $94. Visit thesmithcenter.com or call 702-749-2000.
- “Taking the Baby Picture of the Universe,” a free lecture concerning scientific observation of the universe, is set for at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20 in room 102 of the Robert L. Bigelow Physics Building at UNLV, 4505 S. Maryland Parkway. Visit pac.unlv.edu or call 702-895-2787.
- Las Vegas Trans Pride Week is set for Nov. 20-24 at The Center, 401 S. Maryland Parkway. Events planned include a Trans Pride March scheduled at 7 p.m. Nov. 20, a Transgender Day of Remembrance scheduled from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Nov. 21, a vigil scheduled for 7 p.m. Nov. 22, a Transgender Day of Empowerment scheduled from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 23 and a Transgender Day of Celebration scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 24 at The Center, followed by a mixer at Club Metro, 1000 E. Sahara Ave. Visit thecenterlv.com or call 702-733-9800. n Bass Pro Shops, 8200 Dean Martin Drive, is set to host Santa’s Wonderland through Dec. 24. The wonderland will include free photos with Santa Claus, crafts and games. Visit tinyurl.com/7ho22a2.
- The Stardusters Toys 4 Tots Square Dance for participants 8 or older is scheduled from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. Admission is $6 with a new, unwrapped toy and $8 without a toy. A dance lesson is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. Call 702-348-4906 or visit lasvegassquarenrounddancers.org.
- Performances of “Evita” are scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 and 2 p.m. Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. Tickets are $26 to $129. Visit thesmithcenter.com or call 702-749-2012.
- A tree lighting, strolling carolers and a performance by Frankie Moreno are scheduled during a free holiday kickoff at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at The District at Green Valley Ranch, 3340 Village Walk Drive. Visit shopthedistrictgvr.com.
- The holiday performance “Sparkle and Spice” is scheduled at 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at Sun City MacDonald Ranch, 2020 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway. Tickets are $10. Call 702-804-8714.
- Heritage Street Holidays, a re-creation of festive traditions throughout local history, is scheduled from 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 13-14 at the Clark County Museum, 1830 S. Boulder Highway. Volunteers dress up in period attire and welcome visitors to decorated homes along the museum’s Heritage Street. Admission is free after 5 p.m. Visit clarkcountynv.gov.
- WaterDay Street Market is scheduled to return from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S. Water St. The free event is slated to include entertainment, food vendors and arts and crafts. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- Henderson WinterFest is scheduled from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 13 and noon to 8 p.m. Dec. 14 at the Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S. Water St. Visit hendersonlive.com.