Two children hospitalized with burns after garage fire

Two children were hospitalized after a garage fire near Meadows Mall on Saturday afternoon.

Las Vegas firefighters responded to the fire on Providence Lane around 2:15 p.m. and found smoke and flames coming from a detached garage in the backyard of a vacant house.

Three children, aged 10 to 13, lit a highway flare, according to Las Vegas fire spokesman Tim Szymanski. They tried to stomp it out, which gave two of the children minor burns on their legs.

The fire was under control by 2:30 p.m.

Firefighters investigating the source of the fire confirmed it to be accidental. The children and their parents will be referred to attend the Juvenile Firesetter Intervention Program, Szymanski said.

Four antique vehicles were inside the garage. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

Contact reporter Annalise Porter at aporter@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0264.

TOP NEWS
ad-infeed_1x2_1
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Add Event
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like