ad-fullscreen

Cooler temperatures and chance of rain for Las Vegas Valley

Thursday in the Las Vegas Valley should bring in rain and cloudy skies, the National Weather Service said.

A storm system expected to sweep the valley Thursday and Friday will be joined by strong winds and gusts up to 50 mph on Friday, according to the Weather Service. There is a 60 percent chance of rain Thursday night and that likeliness will drop to 40 percent by Friday morning.

Temperatures should reach 68 degrees Thursday and 63 on Friday. After Friday, temperatures will “sharply decrease” with a Saturday and Sunday high of 49 degrees, meteorologist Chad Shafer said. Lows after the storm system will “flirt with freezing temperatures,” Shafer said.

Saturday night will drop to 39 degrees with a 32-degree Sunday morning low.

The weekend is expected to be dry and clouds should begin to clear out by Saturday, the Weather Service said.

Review-Journal Rio Lacanlale contributed to this report. Contact Rachel Hershkovitz at rhershkovitz@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Follow @rzhershkovitz on Twitter.

section-ads_high_impact_4
TOP NEWS
ad-315×600
News Headlines
pos-2 — ads_infeed_1
post-4 — ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Events
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like