Man killed in North Las Vegas shooting

An 18-year-old man is dead after a shooting Tuesday night in North Las Vegas, according to police.

Police responded to Tropical Parkway and Lawrence Street about 6:45 p.m., where they found an 18-year-old who had been shot at least once, North Las Vegas police spokesman Aaron Patty said. The man was taken to University Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Two people were in custody who may be connected to the shooting, Patty said. Police searched a nearby wash for possible suspects, but as of about 9:30 p.m. detectives were just interviewing the two subjects.

The fatal shooting happened in a largely residential area, near Johnston Middle School. The area was blocked off for several hours as police investigated. By 9:30 p.m., police were still on scene but Patty said a full perimeter was no longer being enforced.

No motive was given in the shooting and the names of those in custody were not released. Patty said detectives didn’t think either incident was gang-related.

The fatal shooting was the 13th confirmed homicide for North Las Vegas this year.

Reporter Annalise Little contributed to this story.

Contact Kimber Laux at klaux@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0381. Find her on Twitter: @lauxkimber.

.....We hope you appreciate our content. Subscribe Today to continue reading this story, and all of our stories.
Unlock unlimited digital access
Subscribe today only 25¢ for 3months
Exit mobile version