It’s been a week and a half since Barack Obama was elected president. He won’t take office for another two months. But he’s already got one big group of Americans on their feet.
Barack Obama’s transition team announced this week that it will review the hundreds of executive orders signed by President Bush during his two terms.
After the novelist Michael Chabon spoke last week at the Vegas Valley Book Festival, I waited in line to have him sign a book.
MACAU — As many as 11,000 workers in Macau will lose their jobs after a cash crunch forced struggling casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp. to halt construction on multibillion dollar projects in the Chinese gambling city, company officials said Thursday.
The Brake Team, the target of a sting operation earlier this year, has closed 11 auto brake repair shops in the Las Vegas area and four others in Northern Nevada because of the economic slump, a company spokesman said Thursday.
Station Casinos is laying off 40 workers who take reservations for the company’s hotels and will begin outsourcing the work to an overseas company in early December, a company spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.
Las Vegas has to endure more pain ahead, but the city’s classic fundamentals are still in place for opportunity and growth, economist and housing analyst Tim Sullivan of Sullivan Group Real Estate Advisors said Thursday.
Mesquite may lose a casino, at least for a while.
Southern Nevada analysts and industry officials agree with advocates for the nation’s automakers who say the collapse of the Big Three — or even just General Motors Corp. — could set off a catastrophic chain reaction in the economy, eliminating up to 3 million jobs and depriving governments of more than $150 billion in tax revenue.
The solar age is dawning, but the executive of a power producer believes the continuing credit crisis will cloud prospects for new projects for an indefinite period.