In these tough economic times, it’s good to be able to do more than one thing — and even better, two things at once. Philippe Entremont, conductor and soloist for the Munich Symphony Orchestra, unquestionably proved that talent Sunday evening.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Rick Hendrick began his 25th season in NASCAR full of expectations for his storied organization.
Kicking back is not on Utah coach Jim Boylen’s agenda, even if he is enjoying the view from the top of the Mountain West Conference.
There was a time not long ago when Durango girls soccer coach Barry Forget was more worried about having enough players to field a team than making the postseason.
Boyd Gaming Corp. has made a $950 million offer to acquire a significant portion of locals gaming rival Station Casinos, the company announced Monday in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
CARSON CITY — A conservative watchdog organization contended Monday that Assembly Speaker Barbara Buckley’s bill to reduce foreclosures will lead to lenders charging higher interest rates, pricing more people out of homes.
MGM Mirage and Deutsche Bank are in discussions that could give the casino company additional financing it needs to complete its CityCenter project in exchange for operating or taking ownership of the troubled Cosmopolitan project, sources said.
Chiropractor Stephen Shaw testified Monday that he was “freaked out” and “scared” when he found himself standing next to a 60-year-old man who had allegedly argued with Shaw’s wife minutes before at a Las Vegas car wash.
CARSON CITY — Sen. Mark Amodei complained Monday that a proposed constitutional amendment would take the power to seat judges away from the people and give it to political “insiders.”
With an economic black cloud lingering over Southern Nevada, Sheriff Doug Gillespie unveiled a tentative budget Monday morning that includes no growth over last year’s budget.
The trial of child molestation suspect Chester Stiles opened Monday with one of his alleged victims, now 11, testifying that he kissed and molested her years ago in Las Vegas.
CARSON CITY — Nevada’s general fund could suffer a big hit because of a potential $50 million loss from investments with now-bankrupt Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., state Treasurer Kate Marshall told lawmakers Monday.
Aric Brill wanted to attend college, dabble in professional fighting, travel and start his own business before retiring early and enjoying life without work.
Firearms shot at Clark County’s gun park generated less noise at the nearest residential properties than the 56 decibels allowed, according to results from a county sound test.
CARSON CITY — Chancellor Jim Rogers’ criticism of Gov. Jim Gibbons over higher education funding escalated over the weekend, prompting the governor on Monday to say he won’t deal with Rogers anymore and will discuss budget issues with a liaison instead.
MGM Mirage began accepting hotel reservations Monday for rooms at two of the $9.1 billion CityCenter’s properties, the Vdara hotel and condominium tower, and Aria, the project’s centerpiece hotel-casino.
Las Vegas will lead the nation’s housing market recovery, probably starting in the second half of the year, the chief economist for the National Association of Realtors said Monday.