44°F
weather icon Clear

Man arrested in deadly park shooting

Las Vegas police arrested a 21-year-old man late Tuesday in connection with Sunday's fatal drive-by shooting at Bob Baskin Park that killed one teen and left another critically injured.

Detectives arrested Jessie James Cole about 8 p.m. on charges of murder with a deadly weapon, attempted murder with a deadly weapon, discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle and discharging a firearm from the roadway. He was being held at Clark County Detention Center without bail.

Investigators believe the shooting was related to a fight at a party earlier in the night, police Lt. Lew Roberts said.

"We believe he is the only shooter," Roberts said. "We have the vehicle. We have the gun, and we have him."

Police seized a .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic handgun that was registered to Cole, he said.

The shooting killed 18-year-old David Miramontes and wounded 19-year-old Chris Luscombe, who remains hospitalized at University Medical Center.

MOST READ
Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
What’s open on Thanksgiving?

Most big U.S. retailers are closed on Thanksgiving Day. However, many will open early the following day, Black Friday, the unofficial start of the holiday gift-buying season and the biggest shopping day of the year.

MORE STORIES