This comes after a disavowal of a bill to transfer unspent money from schools to the district.
The Southern Nevada Health District announced the new total on its coronavirus website. Clark County announcing 1,315 new cases and the state adding 1,447 cases.
Interview with RJ education reporter Aleks Appleton about Clark County School District’s reopening plan and distance learning preparation for the upcoming school year. (Renee Summerour/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
The recent surge of COVID-19 cases has overwhelmed public health investigators in Clark County, who are now forced to prioritize who among those testing positive will be notified by a phone call and interviewed about their contacts.
Lauren Prescia accused of driving while intoxicated after a crash that killed her year-old son missed her first court appearance due to a medical issue.
Golden Knights head coach Peter DeBoer speaks on choosing a team captain before the start of the next season.
Golden Knights goaltender Robin Lehner talks about the progress of training camp and head coach Peter Deboer speaks about Lehner’s performance at practice.
Universal Health Services has drawn up plans for a 40-acre campus near the Raiders’ new practice facility in Henderson. The company expects to start construction next year and finish the project’s full buildout in 2035, planning documents show.
The largest retailer in the nation will make it mandatory for customers to wear face coverings effective Monday.Top executives from Walmart and Sam’s Club announced the policy in a blog post on Wednesday.
On June 18, Las Vegas Sands Corp. updated its health and safety plan to ask table game players and spectators to refrain from smoking or vaping.
Marche Bacchus restaurant in Las Vegas celebrated France’s Bastille Day with a special menu, entertainment and skydivers on July 14, 2020. (Heidi Fang/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
The Diocese of Las Vegas said a priest at Christ the King Catholic Church tested positive for the coronavirus.
Its the largest one-day jump of the outbreak, 1,021 more cases in Southern Nevada were reported on July 14 with 1,100 statewide. Review-Journal assistant city editor Mike Brunker talks about what these numbers mean. (Renee Summerour/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Plaintiffs representing 37 Clark County bars have gone to court to block Gov. Steve Sisolak’s latest order. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
New York state officials plan to use the form to track travelers and ensure they’re following quarantine restrictions. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
In a brief report to the LVCVA board of directors Tuesday, President and CEO Steve Hill said the organization is exploring options to acquire the four-mile transit system that currently isn’t operating because of the COVID-19 pandemic.Hill emphasized that talks are in early stages, but “could move rapidly” in the weeks ahead
Last week, Caesars Entertainment Corp. announced that it would reopen its fifth casino, Bally’s, this month. Meanwhile, Las Vegas Sands Corp. is set to close its Palazzo hotel tower on weekdays, limiting its available rooms for the majority of the week. The moves have sent mixed messages on just how many rooms resorts are filling in mid-July, a little over a month since reopening.
This the largest announced one-day jump of the outbreakincluding 15 additional deaths over the preceding day, according to data posted Tuesday.
Lauren Prescia, 23, accused of driving under the influence at the time of a crash that killed her 1-year-old son appears in court at the Regional Justice Center on Tuesday, July 14, 2020, in Las Vegas. (Bizuayehu Tesfaye/Las Vegas Review-Journal) @bizutesfaye
The Knights’ high level of participation in small-group workouts in the past month helped the team hit the ground running Monday.
On May 22, the casino operator issued letters warning of possible impending layoffs . affecting anywhere between 25 and 60 percent of employees. The company had approximately 10,000 employees in Nevada.
A Nevada System of Higher Education committee will interview four finalists next week. This comes after suspending the search for a new UNLV president this spring due to COVID-19. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
The Golden Knights head into phase 3 of their practice and are looking to quickly get back into their groove before heading back on the ice.
Mario Berlanga, owner of Mario’s West Side Market, talks about his role in the community and his thoughts on the recent Black Lives Matter protests. (Rachel Aston/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
John Katsilometes visits Madame Tussauds Wax Museum at The Venetian as they reopen their doors for locals and tourists.
The Mahogany Fire was fully contained on Tuesday after burning 2,758 acres in the Spring Mountain Range. The Forest Service said the suspected cause is an illegal campfire near the Mahogany campground.
Three mothers discuss their concerns with CCSD’s reopening plan, and how they are adapting to COVID-19 with their children. (Renee Summerour/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Laurie Thomas, controller for the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, discusses the new exhibit, “In the Dark,” in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 9, 2020. (Elizabeth Page Brumley/Las Vegas Review-Journal)
Donald Trump launched an effort on Wednesday to reopen schools across the United States with in-person learning.
Gov. Steve Sisolak says he is in daily contact with the unemployment office to work out the issues and that it has “taken too long.”