IHOP shooter feared demons were after him, police say
November 3, 2011 - 7:31 am
CARSON CITY -- New information from police says a 32-year-old Northern Nevada gunman feared that demons were after him in the months before his deadly rampage at a Carson City IHOP restaurant.
Eduardo Sencion had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 1999, according to a report in the Nevada Appeal.
His family told authorities he avoided intimate relationships because he feared passing his illness to children.
Police said Sencion fatally shot himself after killing four, including three National Guard members, and wounding seven in the Sept. 6 shooting.
Relatives also told police Sencion immersed himself in the Bible and said he heard voices telling him to do "bad things" to people.