Micah Roberts’ Sprint Cup driver ratings
AAA Texas 500
At Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
11 a.m. Sunday (KSNV-3)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Carl Edwards 12-1 2nd 9th 22nd 8th
Three-time winner, including 2008 sweep; best 10-consecutive laps average in Practice 2.
2. Matt Kenseth 8-1 3rd 7th 24th 19th
Two-time winner with 9.5 average finish, 13 top-fives and 854 laps led in 27 career starts.
3. Kevin Harvick 4-1 1st 3rd 30th 28th
Surprisingly, no wins in 27 starts. Desperate. Slow single-lap times, super fast on long runs.
4. Kyle Busch 6-1 22nd 24th 23rd 3rd
Two-time winner, including spring race; two wins and seven top-10s on nine 1.5-mile tracks.
5. Martin Truex Jr. 4-1 11th 12th 19th 2nd
Led race-high 141 laps in spring; led series-high 817 laps on nine races on 1.5-mile tracks.
6. Jimmie Johnson 4-1 33rd 19th 16th 15th
Six-time winner (track record), including five of past eight; two 2016 wins on 1.5-mile tracks.
7. Joey Logano 12-1 4th 2nd 9th 4th
2013 winner, third in the spring — part of run of five top-five finishes in past seven starts.
8. Brad Keselowski 12-1 24th 4th 27th 1st
Two-time runner-up, including last fall. Two 2016 wins on 1.5s (Las Vegas, Kentucky).
9. Austin Dillon 100-1 14th 1st 25th 11th
Career-best 11th place last fall; second-best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 2.
10. Chase Elliott 12-1 6th 11th 7th 5th
Fifth place in first Cup start during spring; second-best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 3.
Note: This is the second race of the season at Texas and 10th of 11 on 1.5-mile tracks.
Odds courtesy of Westgate Las Vegas
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1994. Follow @MicahRoberts7 on Twitter.