They have also been linked to a gang killing, a prosecutor said in court Friday. An attorney for one defendant said his client maintains his innocence.
Crime
Reviewjournal.com has the latest crime news & reports for Las Vegas. Read more below for crime updates from the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Police also said that they found several photographs online of Allysandra Blea holding handguns, revolvers, and rifles against her head and stuffed animals’ heads.
Mathew Bowyer, who took bets from Shohei Ohtani’s translator and de facto manager and 700 other gamblers, received what’s considered a light sentence since he paid restitution.
Jermiah Carter said that the Metropolitan Police Department violated his civil rights and the Nevada Constitution.
Upcoming Clark County rules for Airbnb related to short-term rental listings on the platform cannot take effect as a federal lawsuit proceeds, “pending a final decision on the merits,” according to a federal judge.
A second suspect was arrested on Wednesday in connection with a Los Angeles shooting over the weekend where two men opened fire on a police squad car.
The mother of a man who was shot and killed by two federal rangers near Red Rock Canyon in February has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the U.S. Bureau of Land Management.
After a lengthy, often heated morning-long hearing, a judge decided Wednesday that a 29-year-old woman should face a jury on a charge that she struck and killed 63-year-old Michael Grubbs while he was pushing his granddaughter in a stroller along Rainbow Boulevard.
A panel of the Nevada Supreme Court on Wednesday reversed a lower district court and ordered it to compel the state’s chief medical officer to examine and report on the nutritional adequacy of the diet of prison inmates as required by state law.
The Nevada Supreme Court on Wednesday gave a victory to the city of Reno in its decision in May to lay off 32 firefighters after federal funding that supported their positions ran out.
The Clark County Department of Family Services is investigating the death of a four-month-old girl.
The man accused in the fatal shooting of a Las Vegas Walgreens employee during a robbery appeared in court Wednesday, while his attorney said he still needed to obtain copies of police reports about the slaying.
The Nevada Supreme Court announced Tuesday that Justice James W. Hardesty will take over when Chief Justice Mark Gibbons finishes his term in the state’s highest court next week.
A federal grand jury has indicted seven people in a multimillion-dollar million telemarketing scheme authorities say defrauded struggling small businesses by falsely promising help to obtain federal grants. FBI agents arrested four of the defendants in Las Vegas Tuesday, including the key players, Mark Bausch, 40, and Alan Rodrigues, 54.
A man who fatally stabbed a panhandler known as the “pantyhose prankster” on the Strip last month was defending himself against an attack, his friend told a judge Tuesday.
Here in Southern Nevada, one of the nation’s most advanced and reliable municipal water systems operates quietly and out of sight to ensure your tap water meets or surpasses all state and federal drinking water standards and is safe to enjoy.
Erick Rangel-Ibarra was booked into the Clark County Detention Center on charges including open murder in connection with the killing of Lesly Palacio.
He was driving at least 50 miles per hour over the speed limit when he hit a car, causing it to flip, according to prosecutors and court records.
Nathan Williams acknowledged shooting Bryant Johnson twice, but said the alleged victim was trying to rob and kill him.
Victor Cardena-Pizarro, 20, pleaded guilty to harboring, concealing, or aiding a felony offender in district court that Tuesday morning.