The man suspected in a series of homicides in Northern Nevada this month had worked as a landscaper for two of the people he is accused of killing, according to a police report filed Monday in Reno.
A 33-year-old man wanted for attempted murder fired 21 rounds at Las Vegas police during a barricade Thursday in the south valley before shooting himself, police said Monday.
Eric D. Nelson died at the scene of the shooting on the 1100 block of Newport Street from multiple gunshot wounds, according to the coroner’s office.
A Mohave County jury deliberated for two hours Friday before finding Al Blanco, 63, of Kingman guilty of first-degree murder, tampering with physical evidence and abandonment of a body in connection with the killing of Sid Cranston.
The man, homeless and in his late 40s, had been living in the backyard tent for about two months, Spencer said. The woman was gone for the weekend and had just returned home, she told police.
One of the two officers who shot and killed a man after he barricaded himself inside a south valley home Thursday was also part of the SWAT team that breached the Mandalay Bay gunman’s hotel room after the Route 91 shooting.
Since December, 75 percent of the homicides in North Las Vegas have occurred in a roughly 2-square-mile area in the southern part of the city, the Las Vegas Review-Journal has found.
A 19-year-old from El Salvador admitted killing a married couple in Nevada and used a handgun that he said he stole earlier from their Reno home to do it, according to a sheriff’s report obtained Friday by The Associated Press.
The Clark County coroner has released the name of the man shot dead in North Las Vegas on Tuesday.
Two men were convicted Friday in the slaying of a 50-year-old Las Vegas man whose body was bound with electrical tape and stuffed in a suitcase.