Valentine’s Day is a special time of year when you can truly show your loved one how much you care. Feb. 14 is more than a time for chocolate, expensive jewelry and lavish gifts. Small details and simple changes to your home can make this romantic day an unforgettable one.
* A picture is worth a thousand words. Give your loved ones a canvas masterpiece they’ll cherish forever. Lamps Plus’ giclee technology lets you be the artist and capture a memorable moment by bringing it to light on a lampshade or as wall art. Readymade giclee art is also available in festive Valentine’s Day patterns.
* Details, details, details. Get into the romantic spirit with little effort by swapping existing lampshades for new shades in vibrant Valentine’s Day colors. Warm tones like red, amber and gold can create a calm atmosphere, perfect for celebrating with your sweetheart.
* Keep the flame alive. Eliminate stress and elevate the romance by replacing traditional candlesticks with a candelabra accent lamp. This candle-alternative comes in a variety of styles and sizes and will light up a room all night long without extra worry. Another option for avoiding real candles — try a battery-operated flameless candle.
* Set the mood. Create a romantic glow and cut home electricity usage by installing dimmers. Less spent on energy costs means more to spend on a gift for your special someone.
* Get comfortable. Instead of having your romantic Valentine’s Day meal at the kitchen table, switch up the atmosphere by setting hors d’oeuvres down on an antique-style end table in the living room. You and your loved one can snuggle on the couch while nibbling on appetizers and sipping red wine.
* Spread the love. Valentine’s Day isn’t just about your significant other. Show love for your mom, daughter or friend with a gift from the heart. Try a vintage pink “love” sign that can dress up their mantel or bookshelf and will last a lifetime.
Information courtesy Lamps Plus