59°F
weather icon Clear
app-logo
RJ App
Vegas News, Alerts, ePaper

Two workers hurt in Machine Guns Vegas fire

A pair of maintenance workers using welding torches accidentally torched Machine Guns Vegas on Friday night when air filters caught fire inside the building’s gun range, fire officials said Saturday.

But the store’s sprinkler system managed to keep the fire in check, and firefighters were able to extinguish it in the 3500 block of Aldebaran Avenue, near Interstate 15 and Spring Mountain Road, just west of the Strip.

The workers were taken to University Medical Center with minor injuries, according to the Clark County Fire Department.

The cause of the fire was accidental, and damage was estimated at $100,000.

The business was closed at the time of the fire, officials said.

Contact reporter Tom Ragan at tragan@reviewjournal.com or 702-224-5512.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST