The federal government is reviewing two potential buyers for the Crazy Horse Too Gentlemen’s Club, an attorney for owner Rick Rizzolo said Thursday.
Mark Hafer disputed a report that a deal is in place for the topless club, but he expects the federal government to give the nod to the buyers “any day now.”
Under a plea agreement reached last year, the federal government has the right to review any buyer of the Crazy Horse Too.
On Thursday, the current operator, Mike Signorelli, pulled out of the running to succeed Rizzolo.
Rizzolo is serving a one-year, one-day sentence on tax-related charges.
The Crazy Horse Too, Rizzolo and a number of employees were the subject of a lengthy federal investigation.
Signorelli’s offer of $31 million came up short, his lawyer Stephen Stein told the Las Vegas City Council, to another offer of $34.5 million.
Hafer denied that figure had been offered, but he said the bids on the Crazy Horse Too are in the $30 million neighborhood.
Signorelli’s offer was denied, Hafer said, because he had not met obligations on past agreements.
Once one of the big names in the Las Vegas topless industry, the Crazy Horse Too is closed. Any new buyer would have to apply to the City Council for a liquor license.
Signorelli faced scrutiny by the council when he was getting a liquor license.