Gates at the Aviation Nation open house and air show open at 9 a.m. Sunday at Nellis Air Force Base with the national anthem at 10:30 a.m. and flying acts by an assortment of historical and current warplanes from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The red-white-and-blue F-16 Fighting Falcon jets flown by the Thunderbirds air demonstration team anchor the show.
Parking for Aviation Nation is available at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where spectators can ride buses to and from the Nellis base.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Flying acts at the Aviation Nation air show will perform from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the following order:
– Korean Conflict reenactment with an F-86 Sabre, MiG-15, T-33 Shooting Star, A-1 Skyraider, and T-6 Texan
– T-33 Shooting Star demonstration
– CJ-6 Nanchang Desert Rat formation
– Learjet demonstration
– F-86 Sabre Horseman demonstration
– F-15 Eagles and F-16 Fighting Falcon air-to-air demonstration
– B-1B Lancer flyby
– RED HORSE jump demonstration
– A-10 Thunderbolt IIs, F-16 Fighting Falcon and F-15E Strike Eagle air-to-ground demonstration
– F-22 Raptor demonstration
– F-22 Raptor, F-86 Sabre and P-51 Mustang Heritage flight
– Re-enlistment ceremony and ground show
– Thunderbirds performance
– Thunderbirds post-show