There’s no doubting the appeal of a vacation spent relaxing on the beach, but if you’re ready for a bit more action, consider a destination that can satisfy your adventurous spirit. Costa Rica tours offer fun and excitement in some of the most beautiful and exotic scenery in the world. Adding to its appeal is that it’s a family-friendly destination, so everyone can enjoy the experience.
Whether you’re an experienced traveler or going on your first international vacation, Costa Rica tours make it easy to see the best of the country without the hassle and extra costs of organizing everything on your own. Tauck, which has more than 86 years of experience in finding the best sights and activities in global travel, has already done the footwork to find the best hotels and experiences that Costa Rica has to offer.
If you’re dreaming of your next getaway and Tauck’s Costa Rica tours appeal to you, make sure that your itinerary includes these top sites and activities.
* Visit a coffee plantation. Costa Rica is an ideal coffee-growing environment, so it’s little wonder that some of the best beans in the world originate here. Visiting a coffee plantation like the Doka Estate will not only provide insight into the process behind making your favorite cup of joe, but you’ll have the opportunity to sample some of the best roasts the country has to offer, all while looking out onto Costa Rica’s beautiful landscape.
* Experience a cloud forest. It might sound like something out of a dream or a children’s book, but Costa Rica’s Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve is a beautiful reality. The unique environment of the cloud forest shrouds the reserve in a misty haze and makes for a uniquely stunning tropical setting in which you can go for a hike, observe wildlife or “skywalk” on suspended bridges that take you through the forest canopy. Thousands of plant and animal species live within the reserve, including 30 hummingbird species and the dramatically-feathered Resplendent Quetzal, one of the elusive iconic birds of Central America.
* Walk in the shadow of a volcano. In a country blessed with ecological wonders, the area surrounding Volcano Arenal stands out. This is a can’t-miss feature of a Costa Rica tour, as the Arenal Volcano National Park boasts eight distinct biological zones, each of which is home to a vast array of bird, mammal and insect species. Volcano Arenal is one of the world’s most active volcanos, and makes a dramatic backdrop for Lake Arenal, Costa Rica’s largest landlocked body of water.
* Meet the locals. To get in touch with any country you visit, it’s important to make a connection with local people. On Tauck’s Costa Rica tours you’ll be able to meet a local family that has been farming near the beautiful Penas Blancas River for generations. A conversation with them will give you a unique perspective on the culture and everyday life of Costa Ricans.
* Get adventurous. If you want a wild ride on your next vacation, there are few better options than Tauck’s Costa Rica tours in terms of the sheer variety of activities to choose from. Zip-lining above the country’s lush tropical forests is incredibly popular and a thrill you won’t soon forget. Another popular activity is whitewater rafting – strap on a helmet, grab a paddle and prepare to brave the waves.
For more information about the best sites to see in Costa Rica and ways to start planning for your tour, visit www.tauck.com/tours.