71°F
weather icon Clear

Two cats rescued in Henderson fire

A backyard propane bottle caught fire and caused $50,000 in damage to a Henderson house Sunday evening, officials say.

Henderson firefighters arrived at the home near Pecos Road and Windmill Parkway around 7 p.m., where they discovered the blaze creeping into the house from the backyard.

House residents told firefighters that it started with a propane bottle attached to a grill. The firefighters put otu the fire and rescued two cats, which were without injury, from the house.

No injuries were sustained from this fire, and two adults were displaced from the house. Damage was estimated at $50,000.

Contact reporter Annalise Little at alittle@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0391. Find her on Twitter: @annalisemlittle.

Don't miss the big stories. Like us on Facebook.
THE LATEST
RJ wins general excellence in annual state press awards

The Review-Journal captured 36 individual and staff first-place awards in the Nevada Press Association’s annual contest Saturday, including the top awards for general excellence, general online excellence, outstanding journalist and outstanding visual journalist.

Trump says China trade deal unnecessary before election

The world’s two largest economies have been locked in a high-stakes duel marked by Trump’s escalating penalties on Chinese goods and Beijing’s retaliatory tariffs.