The Apple iPad is undoubtedly on a lot of people’s Christmas wish lists. They want one because they know it’s cool, or they know someone that has one, or they haven’t been able to pull together $500 to $829 (plus tax) that the gadgets cost and figured they’d ask Santa to deliver for them.
Well, here’s something to chew on before you head to the Apple Store, or Target or Walmart or the World Wide Web to become Santa’s helper. You may want to wait for the next version. Online, the gadget’s being informally called iPad 2 and rumors about features and what’s being leaked from the Chinese factories are rampant today.
The Apple iPad 2 was a trending topic on Yahoo and other sites today. So I took a look to learn the latest buzz. Here’s a collection of links to more iPad 2 rumors:
*iPad 2 Rumors: The ultimate guide – Huffington Post
* iPad 2 Rumored for April so should you wait? – PC World via Yahoo! News
* Is now the wrong time to buy an iPad? – CNET
* iPad 2 Production Rumors Start To Swirl – MTV
* Rumors suggest iPad 2 to ship by the end of February 2011 – Geek.com
* iPad 2 with Dual Cameras May Ship as Soon as February – NewsFactor via Yahoo! News
The bottom line is, should you settle for the end of the initial version of a technology that you just know is going to become even cooler, faster, better and more coveted, or do you wait for the update?
I’ll leave that one for you to hash out with Santa.