Updated September 5, 2018.
We care about your privacy and the security of your information. We believe that protecting your personally identifiable information, while also offering you a quality experience with Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc., is among our most important tasks.
The LVRJ Services contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide when you use the LVRJ Services, including when you sign up for subscriptions, create an account or register through the LVRJ Services. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the LVRJ Services. This collection may take place while you are using a LVRJ Service or while the LVRJ Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the LVRJ Services, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the LVRJ Services and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the LVRJ Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyze the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
How We Share Information
- Within the Las Vegas Review-Journal Inc. group of publications and services.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our LVRJ Services that integrate tools and services provided by social media platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
- You may take steps to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or for certain LVRJ Services, by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The LVRJ Services are operated from the United States. Information may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
- The LVRJ Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
Las Vegas Review-Journal
P.O. Box 70
Las Vegas, NV 89125
Attn: Privacy Officer
What Information We Obtain
How We Use Information We Obtain
How We Share Information
Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
Additional Information for California Residents
How We Protect Your Information
Children’s Privacy Rights
Links to Third-Party Websites, Mobile Apps or Other Services
Additional Information for European Visitors
WHAT INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
When you use an LVRJ Service, we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the LVRJ Service. This may include information that directly identifies you such as your name, address, or contact information (this type of information may be called “personal information” or “personally identifiable information”). The information we obtain generally consists of information (1) you give us about yourself, (2) you give us about others, (3) automatically collected about your interactions with the LVRJ Services and our content or ads on third-party websites, apps or other media, and (4) we get from other sources.
Information you give us
We may ask you to provide information about yourself when you use the LVRJ Services. For example, to subscribe to one of our newsletters or news alerts, you will need to give us an email address. You may not be able to use certain features if you choose not to submit the requested information.
The information you give us may include details such as:
- Contact information (e.g., name, mailing address, email address or phone number).
- Demographic, interests and household information (e.g., age, gender or education).
- Payment information for subscriptions or purchases made through the LVRJ Services (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information).
- Comments, photos, videos and other content or information you choose to publish on the LVRJ Services or otherwise share with us.
- Information you provide when you make subscription choices, including your choice of a username, password, and associated email address.
- Information you provide when you choose to participate in surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests or promotions (including information about your participation in activities that may generate loyalty or rewards points).
- Location information, which may include precise location information when you permit the LVRJ Services to access device location. To prevent the collection of precise location information, please refer to
- instructions provided by your mobile service provider or device manufacturer.
- Other information you may allow us to access through your device’s permissions settings, such as your contacts or address book.
- Transactional and activity information (e.g., requests, searches or orders).
Information you give us about others
Information automatically collected
The LVRJ Services automatically log certain information about visits to the LVRJ Services, such as the number and frequency of visitors, technical information about browsers and devices used to access the LVRJ Services, and information about crashes or other technical issues. In addition, we and third parties may automatically collect certain information through automated means about your activities over time across the LVRJ Services as well as across third-party sites, apps or other media. The tools that collect this information vary depending on the LVRJ Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and software development kits (“SDKs”). These technologies may be included in our web pages, mobile apps, emails, and other digital content and are as follows:
• Cookies. When you use the LVRJ Services, we may place small files, called “cookies” onto your computer. Cookies are data files that websites write onto computer hard drives for record keeping purposes when you visit them. The cookie file then identifies you as a unique user. Cookies make your use of the LVRJ Service more pleasing and efficient by “personalizing” your LVRJ Service experience and gathering website statistical data, such as which parts of the Website you have previously visited, what material you downloaded, your Internet provider’s domain name and country, and the addresses of websites you linked from immediately before and linked to immediately after the LVRJ Service. They enable us to tailor the information you receive and to assist our partners or other third party organizations with whom we have strategic alliances by identifying you as our customer or LVRJ Service user. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, unless you have configured yours not to accept them. You can program your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do, you may not be able to use certain portions of the Website and the Website will not be able to customize certain features according to your preferences.
• Web Beacons. Small graphic images or web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) may be included on the pages of the Website and in email messages we send you. Web beacons or other similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, such as to count visitors to the Website, or to count how many particular articles or links posted on the website were actually viewed.
While specific types of cookies and technologies may change from time to time as we improve and update the Services, cookies used by the Services generally fall into the categories below:
• Security and Authentication (Strictly Necessary Cookies): These cookies are essential to provide you with the Services and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, we can’t provide parts of the LVRJ Services that you request, like secure login accounts and transactional pages.
• Performance & Functionality Cookies: We use performance cookies to analyze how the LVRJ Services are being accessed and used, or how the LVRJ Services are performing in order to maintain, operate and continually improve the LVRJ Services about choices you’ve made and allow us to customize the LVRJ Services to you. When you continue to use or return to the LVRJ Services, we can remember choices you make (such as login credentials, language preference, country location or other online settings) and provide the personalized or enhanced features that you select.
• Advertising or Targeting Cookies: These cookies allow us and third parties to gather information about the content you’re browsing, your visit, or your interaction with ads and our communications, and to display ads that are relevant to you and measure their effectiveness. Certain third party cookies may also track your activity across various sites to display ads relevant to you and your interests on third party sites and applications. Most advertising or targeting cookies set by the LVRJ Services belong to our service providers.
The tools may assign or collect unique cookie IDs or other identifiers associated with your browser or device. The tools may collect information while you are using our LVRJ Service or while they are running in the background of your device.
The information automatically collected may include:
- Information about your computer, device, browser and operating system (e.g., type, model, or version).
- Internet protocol (IP) address, which may be used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., city and country).
- Device identifiers (e.g., mobile advertising IDs).
- Information about your interactions with the LVRJ Services, including browsing activities and clickstream data that reflect the content you have accessed, clicked on, or viewed.
- Information about how you accessed the LVRJ Services, including details about websites or apps visited immediately before or after accessing a Digital Service.
- Demographic, interests and household information.
- Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email.
Information we obtain from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources and it may be combined with other information about you. For example, we may obtain data from:
- Operators of third-party sites or apps, content distribution channels and platforms (e.g., Roku, Amazon Fire TV), voice-activated assistants (e.g., Amazon Alexa, Google Home) or other devices and technologies when you interact with our content, products, services or ads available on those channels and platforms. The information we receive may include information about the content you view or access as well as your demographic information and information about your interests.
- Third-party data suppliers such as data aggregators, data resellers, public databases and business partners. They may provide us with demographic information, information about your purchases, and other information that helps us learn about you and other users of the LVRJ Services.
- Social Media Platforms and similar services (“Social Media Platforms”). When you engage with our content or ads on Social Media Platforms, or interact with features on the LVRJ Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms (e.g., login or sign in features or tools that allow you to share our content with others on Social Media Platforms), we may obtain information from Social Media Platforms, including your username, user ID, demographic information and other information, subject to the settings and privacy practices of the relevant Social Media Platform. We may obtain this information directly from the Social Media Platform or through plug-ins, integrations or applications. Please keep in mind that the operators of the Social Media Platforms may also gather information about your use of the LVRJ Services and their features and tools.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
With respect to information other than your payment card information, we use that information:
To provide you with the LVRJ Services.
- Processing your requests regarding the LVRJ Services and our subscriptions, products or services, or your participation in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Processing your account, including, at times, verifying that the e-mail address you provide is active and valid.
- Providing customer assistance or technical support.
- Responding to inquiries.
- Providing customer services and resolving any complaints or other issues.
- Improve our LVRJ Services and resolving any technical problems.
- Customizing content, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the LVRJ Services, including by retaining your user preferences or presenting content in the most effective manner for the browser or device you use to access the LVRJ Services.
- Maintaining, operating, improving and developing the LVRJ Services and related content, products or services, including developing new products and features based on users’ interactions with the LVRJ Services.
- Ensuring compliance with our Terms of Services.
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- Learning about users of the LVRJ Services and analyzing how you and others interact with and respond to the LVRJ Services, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research, analyzing trends, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
To communicate with you.
- Sending you informational messages about the LVRJ Services (e.g., to confirm your subscription or notify you of changes to a LVRJ Service).
- Delivering marketing or promotional communications, including offers or promotions about our or third parties’ products, services or other initiatives.
- Responding to your questions or addressing your requests.
- Communicating with you about surveys, sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising.
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about our content, products and services or third parties’ products, services and other initiatives.
- Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the LVRJ Services and online services operated by third parties, as well as information from other sources. Interest-based ads may consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and may be displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., business or sports section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
- On the LVRJ Services and on third-party sites, apps or other media, we, our service providers and third parties may use automated means to (a) collect information for interest-based advertising purposes or (b) serve you interest-based ads. These automated means vary depending on the LVRJ Services and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and SDKs (software development kits). These technologies may use unique identifiers associated with your browser or device to support interest-based advertising.
- We may use online and offline information we obtain about you, including your personal information, for interest-based advertising purposes. We may aggregate the information we obtain to create audiences that are most likely to respond to ads based on demographic, interests or household information.
Interest-based ads may be displayed to you by third parties, such as ad networks or exchanges.
- There are steps you can take to limit the collection of your information for interest-based advertising purposes. These steps vary for the web and mobile app environments and are browser and device specific. To learn more about interest-based advertising and opt-out choices, see http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and here.
- In serving interest-based ads, we adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Cross-device linking. If you access the LVRJ Services from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use to access the LVRJ Services and our content or ads published elsewhere. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with more relevant content and ads (e.g., so that we don’t show you the same article twice). See here for steps you can take to limit browser and mobile app tracking for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Analyzing and measuring the performance, effectiveness and reach of our advertising (including interest-based ads) and marketing efforts on the LVRJ Services and elsewhere.
To protect our rights or the rights of others.
- Performing audits, assessments and testing or troubleshooting activities.
- Backing up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhancing the overall security of the LVRJ Services.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable industry and legal requirements (including legal process such as court orders, warrants or subpoenas) and fulfilling contractual obligations.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we obtain with:
Affiliates. We work closely with affiliates with whom we share your information as necessary or appropriate to operate the LVRJ Services.
Third Party Service Providers. In connection with the operation and provision of the LVRJ Services, we engage various third parties to provide services or handle transactions on our behalf, such as payment card processing, email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content performance measurement, ad serving and managing sweepstakes, contests, promotions or events. These service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
Advertisers, Advertising- and Marketing-Related Service Providers and Partners. We may provide your information to advertisers, advertising agencies, ad networks, ad exchanges, marketing businesses, technology vendors and other entities that create, deliver and assess advertising or marketing campaigns, including interest-based ads.
Content Measurement Companies. We and third parties seek to measure the performance of content across the internet, including on the LVRJ Services. We may include third-party measurement software in the LVRJ Services to enable market research or to measure digital and video content consumption.
Social Media Platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the LVRJ Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms, the relevant Social Media Platforms may collect information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the Social Media Platforms that you engage with as we are not responsible for their privacy practices.
Business Partners. We may provide your information to business partners including, without limitation, joint marketing partners and content sponsors, for various purposes. For example, we may partner with a third party to offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional basis that involves the sharing of information. These initiatives may be offered on the LVRJ Services or on other media.
Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Rights. We may share your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the LVRJ Services or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable industry standards, law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities.
Corporate Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation.
With Your Consent or Otherwise at Your Direction. In addition, we may share your information with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
YOUR CHOICES, INCLUDING MARKETING AND INTEREST-BASED ADS OPT-OUTS
Direct Marketing Opt-Outs
- Email marketing. You may opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link contained in such emails. Depending on the LVRJ Service you use, you also may be able to opt out of marketing or promotional emails by logging into your account and managing your email preferences. Please keep in mind that if you opt out of receiving marketing or promotional emails, we may still send you transactional emails or other communications relating to your use of the LVRJ Services (e.g., to confirm your subscription, to inform you of changes to an LVRJ Service or in response to your password recovery request).
- Text message marketing. If you choose to participate in a text message marketing campaign or promotion offered in connection with a LVRJ Service, you may opt out of receiving marketing texts from us by following the instructions contained in those messages (e.g., texting the word STOP) or provided to you when you elected to receive text message marketing.
- Direct mail. You may request that we stop sending you postal mail offers through the US post office by notifying us in writing at Las Vegas Review-Journal, P.O. Box 70, Las Vegas, NV 89125, Attn: Privacy Officer. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the LVRJ Service or publication to which your request applies.
- Marketing by Third Parties. We may provide your contact information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. To request that third parties do not use your postal mailing contact information for their own marketing purposes (if we have your postal address), you may notify us in writing at Las Vegas Review-Journal, P.O. Box 70, Las Vegas, NV 89125, Attn: Privacy Officer. Please indicate in your correspondence the name of the LVRJ Service or publication to which your request applies. In addition, you may be able to request that third parties do not use your email address (if we have it) for their own marketing purposes by logging into your account or the preferences center (if available) for the relevant LVRJ Service and adjusting your email preferences.
- Co-Branded, Co-Sponsored or Cross-Promotional Offerings. If you choose to participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional offering, the brand, sponsor or other third party involved in that offering may use your information for its own purposes, including advertising and marketing purposes. You must contact the relevant third party directly to exercise your opt out choices with respect to such party’s use of your information.
Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
The technologies used to deliver ads on websites and mobile apps differ. Please also remember that opt-outs are browser and device-specific.
Website (Browser) Opt-Out
Disabling Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies.
- Opt-out Cookies. You can follow the instructions provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) here and/or the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) here to place an opt-out cookie on your browser. These opt-out cookies enable you to block participating companies from installing future cookies on your computer or browser.
If you place opt-out cookies but subsequently clear or delete cookies on your computer or device browser, your opt-out cookies may be deleted and you may have to renew your opt- out choices for that specific browser.
The opt-out mechanisms offered by the DAA and NAI are provided by third parties. Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. does not control or operate these mechanisms or the choices provided through these mechanisms.
Mobile App Opt-Out
- Device Settings. To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads ” for Android.
- AppChoices Application. You can download the “AppChoices” application provided by the DAA from your app store. AppChoices offers a mechanism to limit the collection of app data used for interest-based ads by participating companies. See here for more.
Please keep in mind that as the mobile environment continues to evolve, additional opt-out mechanisms or privacy settings may become available to you. We encourage you to review the information on opt-outs and settings that device manufacturers, technology companies and industry associations make available to you.
- User account. If you have created an account on an LVRJ Service, you may be able to review some of your information for that account by logging in and updating your information or user preferences.
- Device Settings. For relevant LVRJ Services, you may be able to review and adjust your preferences by updating the settings on your device (e.g., permitting us to collect precise location information).
- Push Notifications. If an LVRJ Service enables push notifications on your device, you may review and update your push notification preferences by adjusting the settings on your device. For example, you can select the relevant app from “Notifications” (for iOS devices) or “App notifications” (for Android devices) and turn off alerts accordingly.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) obtained through an LVRJ Service was disclosed by Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at Las Vegas Review-Journal, P.O. Box 70, Las Vegas, NV 89125, Attn: Privacy Officer. For all requests, you must include the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please also indicate in your request the name of the LVRJ Service to which your request applies. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Do Not Track
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we make reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We operate the LVRJ Services from the United States. Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of the LVRJ Services may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY RIGHTS
The LVRJ Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Service through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. We do not currently market to, solicit, or create special areas for use by children. Those under may not attempt to register for an LVRJ Service or send any information to us, including name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to us, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (please see the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy for more information about this Act), we will delete the child’s Personal Information from our files to the extent technologically possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES, MOBILE APPS OR OTHER SERVICES
The LVRJ Services may contain links to websites, mobile apps or other services operated by companies not affiliated with Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. In addition, the LVRJ Services may be made available to you through third-party platforms (such as app stores or Social Media Platforms) or other channels. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-LVRJ operated websites, mobile apps or other services and channels, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies or notices published by relevant third parties.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EUROPEAN VISITORS
In order to address our legal obligations in the European Union and European Economic Area, (including the UK), as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc. provides the following additional information for EEA-based visitors to Las Vegas Review-Journal, Inc.’s U.S. LVRJ Services.
Who is Responsible for Your Information?
Legal Bases for Using Your Information
We process personal information for different purposes (as described in the “How We Use Information We Obtain” section, above) on the following legal bases:
- To perform our contractual obligations to you. We and our service providers process your information to perform our contractual obligations to you when we use your information to provide you with the Las Vegas Review-Journal Services and related content, products or services and to communicate with you. For example, when you purchase a subscription from us, we process your payment and contact information as necessary to confirm the subscription and we process your contact information and other details to provide you with support services you request. We also send you informational communications on this basis, including to confirm a subscription or to notify you of a change to a LVRJ Service. Failure to provide requested information could prevent or delay the fulfillment of our contractual obligations.
- To pursue our legitimate interests. We process your information to meet our legitimate interests when we use your information to provide you with the Las Vegas Review-Journal Services and related content, products or services, to communicate with you and for our advertising and marketing purposes. For example, our legitimate interests include making improvements to, customizing and understanding how you interact with the LVRJ Services and related content, products or services, and sending you communications about products and services we think may be of interest to you. To accomplish our legitimate interests, we may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, service providers and business partners (including for our advertising and marketing purposes) and in the context of a corporate transaction. We maintain safeguards to protect the information we process to pursue our legitimate interests.
- To comply with our legal obligations. We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. For example, we are required to collect certain information from you when processing your subscription payment for tax or financial reporting reasons.
- With your consent. We obtain your consent to process your information when we are required to do so by law. If consent is the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Your Rights Over Your Information
In certain circumstances, you have a right to access or object to the use of personal information held about you (including in relation to direct marketing). You can also ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict or to share your information in a usable format with another company. Such requests are subject to applicable law. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
Storing Your Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve the LVRJ Services.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the LVRJ Services, our products and services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
International Data Transfers
Information collected through the LVRJ Services will be processed in and subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. If we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland we put in place safeguards. In particular, such safeguards include European Commission-approved standard contractual clauses. For more information on these safeguards, please contact us at the details provided in the “Contact Us” section above.
Privacy Officer and Complaints
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution in the event you have a complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection authority.