Marcus and Malcolm Allen scoring 55 points for Centennial is nothing knew. In fact, it’s what the twins average.
But getting 17 points from another source, that’s a big deal.
The Allens combined for 55 points on Friday, and junior guard Khalil Thompson added 17 points to help the Bulldogs to an 80-66 home win over Arbor View.
“Khalil Thompson was a big factor for us,” Centennial coach Todd Allen said. “He stepped up and hit some big shots.”
Thompson, who averaged 3.3 points entering the game, scored six points in the first quarter to help Centennial (8-1) fight off a slow start. Arbor View (8-3) started the game on a 7-2 run, but Thompson helped the team stay close, and then the Allens got the team going with some highlight-reel dunks.
Each of the twins had a pair of first-quarter dunks, and the Bulldogs closed the period on a 18-7 run to take a 22-17 lead, and they didn’t trail again.
Centennial limited Arbor View to 4-for-21 shooting in the second quarter and extended its lead to 35-26 at the half.
“It’s really defensively that we really buckled down,” Todd Allen said. “They bought into what we wanted to do defensively, and that’s where it starts for us.”
The Allen twins combined for all 22 of Centennial’s points in the third quarter as the Bulldogs pushed their lead to 57-42. Their defense held Arbor View to 4-for-15 shooting in the quarter.
Marcus Allen finished with 28 points, eight rebounds and four assists, and Malcolm Allen had 27 points, eight rebounds, five assists and two steals.
Justin Burks had 21 points and 14 rebounds to lead Arbor View. Brandon Hill scored 14 points, and Charles Porter and Terrell Butler each had 10 points and eight rebounds for the Aggies.
Contact prep sports editor Damon Seiters at email@example.com or 702-380-4587. Follow @DamonSeiters on Twitter.In-depth high school sports coverage
• Del Sol’s Noah Spearman had 25 points and 18 rebounds as the Dragons downed visiting Pahrump Valley, 54-45.
• Liberty’s Kai Nacua hit two free throws with seven seconds left to lift the Patriots to a 52-50 win at Silverado.
• Legacy’s Ramell Plair hit the decisive 3-pointer with 20 seconds left as the Longhorns beat Peninsula (Calif.) 69-67 in Palos Verdes, Calif.
• Centennial’s Tamera Williams had 21 points, eight rebounds and five steals in the Bulldogs’ 80-33 win over visiting Arbor View.
• Western’s Capricia Pierce racked up 23 points in the Warriors’ 51-43 win at Sierra Vista.