Pocono Raceway, Long Pond, Pa.
10 a.m. today, TNT (18); race starts at 10:16 a.m.
Rating Driver Odds Testing* Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified
1. Jimmie Johnson 4/1 3rd 4th 21st 24th Two-time winner; best 10 consecutive lap avg. in Practice 2; using winning Darlington chassis
2. Mark Martin 40/1 1st 1st 20th 6th Six-time runner-up with no wins in 50 starts; most outstanding in test, practice sessions
3. Denny Hamlin 4/1 5th 9th 18th 5th Four-time winner; 9.7 average finish; one of fastest average speeds in final practice
4. Kasey Kahne 15/1 1st 7th 6th 10th 2008 winner; top average speeds in final practice; using new chassis this week
5. Jeff Gordon 8/1 4th 15th 3rd 12th Five-time winner, last coming in 2011; snake bit on season, but again has a great car
6. AJ Allmendinger 50/1 1st 5th 9th 19th Best finish of 10th in 2010; showed in testing he has setup that can capture first win
7. Paul Menard 100/1 5th 11th 4th 3rd Outstanding test, practice sessions; won on similar banking at Brickyard
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 15/1 10th 3rd 23rd 8th Top 10s in both 2011 races; consistent Hendrick horsepower makes him contender
9. Joey Logano 75/1 7th 27th 1st 1st 22 past race winners started on front row; start position key in 400-mile race
10. Kyle Busch 8/1 6th 23rd 5th 4th One of three tracks yet to win on in NASCAR’s top divisions; third and runner-up in 2011
* 42 drivers tested Pocono’s new pavement Wednesday and Thursday before Friday’s practice. The rank listed is the best run a driver had in any one of the three sessions.
Odds courtesy of LVH.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more Roberts insights and postpractice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com, TheLinemakers.com or follow on Twitter: MicahRoberts7.