Food City 500
Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tenn.
9:30 a.m. today, Fox (5); race begins at 10:16 a.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Kyle Busch 5/1 10th 13th 2nd 2nd Five-time winner, including ’11 spring race and four of his last six starts; new chassis.
2. Brad Keselowski 15/1 23rd 5th 21st 4th 2011 fall winner; had great final practice on long runs; using new chassis.
3. Kasey Kahne 12/1 21st 10th 6th 5th 2007 runner-up; fastest average in practice 3; best 10-consecutive-lap average in practice 2.
4. Jeff Gordon 10/1 6th 4th 14th 9th Five-time winner, last coming in 2002; five top-five finishes in last 11 starts.
5. Ryan Newman 25/1 5th 3rd 3rd 1st 2004 runner-up, his last top-5 finish; best 10-consecutive-lap average in stellar practice 3.
6. Greg Biffle 12/1 11th 1st 4th 15th Average finish of 11.8 in 18 starts, with no career short-track wins; team is in a groove.
7. AJ Allmendinger 50/1 2nd 2nd 1st 17th Outstanding two days of practices, with fast average speeds; using new chassis.
8. Martin Truex Jr. 25/1 9th 15th 5th 8th Runner-up in fall 2011 race; had third-fastest average speed in final practice.
9. Matt Kenseth 12/1 17th 21st 9th 9th Two-time winner, with 6.2 average finish in last four starts; using new chassis.
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 25/1 15th 18th 12th 12th Winner in 2004, with 11.7 average finish; second-fastest average speed in final practice.
Note: Fastest average speeds for Kahne, Earnhardt Jr. and Truex Jr. are based among all drivers that ran at least 60 laps in final practice. Jeff Burton ran a session-high 108 laps and Jimmie Johnson 102.
Odds courtesy of LVH SuperBook.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more of Roberts’ insights and postpractice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com, TheLinemakers.com or follow him on Twitter: @MicahRoberts7.