Micah Roberts’ sprint cup Driver Ratings
Auto Club 400
Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Calif.
11:30 a.m. today, Fox (5); race begins at 12:16 p.m.
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Matt Kenseth 8/1 11th 15th 2nd 7th Three-time winner, last coming in 2009 after Daytona 500 win; using Texas fall chassis
2. Tony Stewart 7/1 14th 9th 4th 10th 2010 winner; 14.1 average finish; using new chassis, clone to winning Las Vegas car
3. Denny Hamlin 20/1 5th 1st 1st 1st By far best car in all practices but downgraded due to 19.1 average finish in 11 starts
4. Kevin Harvick 10/1 15th 7th 5th 7th 2011 winner, 2010 runner-up; Bakersfield, Calif., native using new chassis
5. Jimmie Johnson 6/1 9th 10th 9th 6th Five-time winner; track-record 5.1 average finish; third or better in eight of past nine starts
6. Kyle Busch 7/1 12th 2nd 6th 5th 2005 winner, his first Cup victory; nine top-10 finishes in 14 starts; strong practices
7. Greg Biffle 12/1 8th 4th 14th 20th 2005 winner; using new chassis he calls best "to ever come out of Roush-Fenway shop"
8. Jeff Gordon 8/1 23rd 21st 17th 2nd Three-time winner, last coming in 2004; practiced well in sun but slow under clouds
9. Clint Bowyer 30/1 1st 11th 11th 3rd 2010 fall runner-up; 10.6 average finish in 11 starts
10. Ryan Newman 30/1 7th 6th 3rd 18th Two straight fifth-place finishes; strong practices; using 2011 Michigan chassis
Note: Although different in size, results the March 11 Las Vegas race can be used as a barometer to help determine what drivers might have an edge.
Odds courtesy of the LVH Super Book.
Micah Roberts, a former sports book director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. He can be reached at VegasInsider.com, TheLinemakers.com or Twitter: MicahRoberts7.