* LAKE MEAD — Action for striped bass has slowed in recent days, although one angler reportedly caught 11- and 17-pound fish while trolling off of Hemenway.
Live shad is the top bait choice if you can catch them. Your net can have no larger than a 3-foot radius.
Trout fishing was slow following last week’s plant. Look for trout near structures where they can hide from hungry stripers.
* LAKE MOHAVE — Angler activity at Willow Beach has declined following the suspension of trout stocking by the Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery. Fishing action for shore and boat anglers has been slow.
Fishing has been fair to good out of Cottonwood Cove. Boaters have been catching striped bass while trolling with anchovies, sardines or artificial baits. Stripers weighing more than 10 pounds are being caught with regularity.
* LAS VEGAS URBAN PONDS — Fishing activity dropped along with the temperature during the past week. So has angler success. The Nevada Department of Wildlife stocked the ponds on Tuesday.
* KIRCH WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA — The reservoirs are covered with thin ice. Conditions are unsafe.
* EAGLE VALLEY RESERVOIR — The reservoir is covered with thin ice. Conditions are unsafe.
* ECHO CANYON RESERVOIR — The reservoir is covered with ice. Conditions are unsafe.