* LAKE MEAD — Fishing continues to be slow at Lake Mead, though there are reports of stripers in coves along the north shore. Shad have been making their spring debut, especially in the Vegas Bay. This might be the time to switch from anchovies to live shad or to hardware and plastics. Action around trout plants has been minimal.
* LAKE MOHAVE — High winds continue to keep anglers off the water. The wildlife department stocked trout at Aztec Wash, Placer Cove and Cottonwood Cove.
* LAS VEGAS URBAN PONDS — Trout fishing is slow. Spring stocking has ended.
* EAGLE VALLEY RESERVOIR — Anglers have been catching rainbow and tiger trout. Fish have hit lures, spinners, PowerBait and worms.
* ECHO CANYON RESERVOIR — The area hasn’t seen a lot of traffic and that bodes well for those who don’t like crowds.
* KIRCH WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AREA — The reservoirs have been stocked with rainbow. Largemouth bass are becoming more aggressive. Plastics in shades of green, pumpkin seed, black or dark blues should produce some strikes.
* COMINS LAKE — Trout and pike are in spawning mode so fishing has slowed. The best fishing has been in the early morning. Fish near the bottom with night crawlers.