• ARBOR VIEW — Boys swimmer Brian Martinez was first in the 200-yard individual medley and 100 breaststroke against Durango. Girls swimmer Jordann Steinberg won the 100 freestyle against Durango.
• BISHOP GORMAN — Boys track athlete Julian Jalani won the freshman mile run at the Las Vegas Track Classic. Girls track athlete Taylor Stueve won the mile run at the Las Vegas Track Classic.
• BONANZA — Baseball player Heriberto Orozco had four hits in a win over 25-1 Western. Girls track athlete Karah Marx set a school record in the pole vault with a mark of 9 feet, 4 inches.
• BOULDER CITY — Baseball player Shane Levin was 3-for-6 with five runs in a doubleheader against Moapa Valley.
• CENTENNIAL — Boys swimmer Chris Bender was first in the 100-yard breaststroke against Cimarron-Memorial in 1 minute, 5.88 seconds. Girls swimmer Rachelle Vieira was first in the 100 freestyle in 1:01.98 and helped the 200 freestyle relay and 200 medley relay teams to first-place finishes against Cimarron.
• CHAPARRAL — Girls track athlete Kaylee Campos was second in the high jump, shot put and discus in a meet with Rancho and Valley. Boys track athlete Keith Carthon won the 110-meter hurdles and 300 hurdles and anchored the winning 1,600 relay against Valley and Rancho.
• CHEYENNE — Boys track athlete Marcus Sullivan was first in the 400-meter dash and ran on the winning 800 and 1,600 relay teams in a meet with Palo Verde and The Meadows. Girls swimmer Megan Young won the 200-yard freestyle and swam on the winning 200 medley relay and 200 freestyle relay teams against Western.
• CIMARRON-MEMORIAL — Softball player Starlyn Thomas batted .429 with a home run, three doubles and two stolen bases to help the Spartans go 4-0 for the week. Boys volleyball player Triton Manumaleuna had 11 kills, 13 digs and eight aces against Cheyenne.
• CORONADO — Baseball player Cody Giordano was 5-for-7 with a home run, a triple, a double and four RBIs in two games. Girls swimmer Alix Mertel won two events and led two relay teams to wins against Foothill.
• DEL SOL — Boys track athlete Colin Smith established a school record in the 3,200-meter run with a time of 10 minutes, 14.54 seconds. Girls track athlete Rasheika Ivey set a school record in the discus with a throw of 118 feet.
• DESERT OASIS — Softball player Emily Heinz batted .667 with three runs and four stolen bases in two league wins.
• DURANGO — Boys track athlete Donovan Lewis won the 110 and 300 hurdles in a meet with Pahrump Valley.
• GREEN VALLEY — Girls swimmers Allie Dodds, Devein Dorough, Calree Oswald and Addie Oswald set school records in the 200-yard medley relay, 400 freestyle relay and 200 freestyle relay.
• LAS VEGAS — Girls track athlete Breanna Melton was first in the freshman-sophomore division in the 300-meter hurdles at the Surf City Invitational. Boys golfer Ray Gillip shot 4 under par at a Northeast League meet.
• LAUGHLIN — Girls track athlete Ariana Hardy won the high jump and was second in the long jump and 200 at the Mohave (Ariz.) Invitational.
• THE MEADOWS — Baseball player Garrett Gosse pitched seven innings, allowing two hits and striking out five, in a 2-1 win over Needles.
• MOUNTAIN VIEW — Baseball player Dylan Martin is 5-for-13 with a triple, a double, six runs and four stolen bases over four games.
• PALO VERDE — Boys track athlete Torin Harris won the long jump and ran on the winning 400-meter relay against Cheyenne and The Meadows. Girls track athlete Nicole Ameli won the long jump and triple jump in a meet with Cheyenne and The Meadows.
• SILVERADO — Boys track athlete Ladale Jackson posted a time of 49.97 seconds in the 400-meter dash at the Las Vegas Track Classic.
• VALLEY — Girls swimmer Kersey Wahlquist won the 200-yard freestyle and 100 breaststroke against Desert Pines.In-depth high school sports coverage
ATHLETES OF THE WEEK
The senior pole vaulter was named the Outstanding Male Field Athlete at the Las Vegas Track Classic after clearing 14 feet, 6 inches — more than a foot better than the nearest competitor.
The sophomore softball pitcher went 4-0 for the week, allowing one earned run on 16 hits in 29 innings.