Sam Burneo scored a goal to break a scoreless tie with 16 minutes remaining in the match Wednesday to help Sierra Vista’s girls soccer team clinch a playoff berth with a 2-0 home win over Bonanza.
Kristin McCandless added an insurance goal with 10 minutes left for the Lions, who will be the No. 4 seed from the Southwest Division in the Sunset Region playoffs, which begin Tuesday. Bonanza is the No. 3 seed in the Southwest.
Lana Jesic earned the shutout for Sierra Vista, making five saves.
• Durango 3, Western 0 — At Western, Amanda Lopez scored two goals as the Trailblazers closed the regular season with a victory.
Janie Bordinhao also scored for Durango. Hannah Calb made three saves to earn the shutout.
• Canyon Springs 3, Eldorado 0 — At Eldorado, Ashley Saldivar scored twice to lift the Pioneers to their third win of the season.
Amber Rosenberg also scored for Canyon Springs. Stephanie Peralta recorded the shutout, making five saves.
• Spring Valley 1, Clark 1 — At Clark, Leslie Carroll scored early in the second half to give the Grizzlies the tie with the Chargers.
Brittany Pena scored in the first half for Clark.
• Las Vegas 3, Chaparral 1 — At Las Vegas, Kimmie Rader scored two goals as the Wildcats beat the Cowboys.
Tatiana Garay added a goal for Las Vegas. Linsey Garn scored for Chaparral.
• Valley 5, Desert Pines 0 — At Desert Pines, Isamar Almada-Leyva had two goals and an assist as the Vikings blanked the Jaguars.
Mandy Lopez and Natalie Deleon each had a goal and an assist, and Amanda Marra added a goal for Valley. Danielle Fitzgerald recorded the shutout.