Micah Roberts’ sprint cup Driver Ratings
Dover International Speedway, Dover, Del.
9:30 a.m. PDT today, Fox (5)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Practice 2 Qualified Bristol*
1. Jimmie Johnson 5/1 1st 23rd 1st 3rd
Six-time event winner, including three of past four; using eighth-place Texas car
2. Matt Kenseth 20/1 23rd 9th 24th 4th
2006 winner with seven top-five finishes in past 10 Dover starts; using new car
3. Carl Edwards 8/1 30th 4th 13th 2nd
2007 winner with track-best 7.7 average finish in 13 starts; using sixth-place Fontana car
4. Kyle Busch 5/1 6th 33rd 6th 1st
Two-time winner with six top-five finishes; using runner-up Charlotte car from 2010
5. Kasey Kahne 25/1 4th 27th 4th 9th
Fastest 10 consecutive lap average in final practice; led most laps last week
6. Kevin Harvick 12/1 8th 31st 10th 6th
Only two top-fives in 20 starts, but is using winning Fontana and runner-up Vegas car
7. AJ Allmendinger 75/1 2nd 24th 2nd 31st
Led three times for 150 laps in last Dover race; using Bristol chassis
8. Greg Biffle 20/1 24th 3rd 12th 8th
2008 winner with average finish of 11th in 17 starts; using Martinsville chassis
9. Kurt Busch 15/1 22nd 1st 6th 7th
Tied career-best finish of fourth in last Dover race; using new chassis
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 20/1 3rd 41st 3rd 11th
2001 winner; using 12th-place Fontana car; outstanding first practice
Note: Qualifying was washed away, causing the lineup to be set by Friday’s top practice times.
* Results from the March 20 race at Bristol Motor Speedway. Despite Bristol being a half-mile smaller, both concrete tracks run similar to each other.
Odds courtesy of the Las Vegas Hilton Super Book
Micah Roberts, a former race and sports director, has been setting NASCAR lines in Las Vegas since 1995. For more insights and postpractice analysis on the race, go to VegasInsider.com.