Tayler Aleman scored on an error in the bottom of the fourth inning and Sierra Vista’s softball team went on to a 1-0 victory over visiting Spring Valley on Thursday.
Kelsey McCoy threw a one-hitter with five strikeouts for the Lions. Spring Valley’s Taylor Gilliland also threw a one-hitter.
• Durango 4, Clark 3 — At Clark, Melissa Bako drove in all four Durango runs, including a two-run home run in the sixth inning as the Trailblazers edged the Chargers.
Durango’s Ashley Hall pitched a complete game with 10 strikeouts. Clark’s Jordyn McDonald pitched a three-hitter and struck out 11.
• Las Vegas 9, Bonanza 5 — At Las Vegas, Tiffini Lucero was 2-for-3 with two runs and two RBIs as the Wildcats beat the Bengals.
Bonanza’s Brittany Spencer went 3-for-4 with an RBI.
• Desert Pines 8, Eldorado 3 — At Desert Pines, Isis Roberts was 2-for-3 with two stolen bases to help the Jaguars down the Sundevils.
Stephanie Schuman added two runs, and Jasmine Smith pitched a three-hitter with five strikeouts to get the win.
• Valley 17, Chaparral 11 — At Chaparral, Vanessa Corona was 3-for-4 with two doubles, three runs and four RBIs as the Vikings beat the Cowboys.
Deena Dittmann was 3-for-4 with two runs and two RBIs for Valley. Jordan Morrisett was 4-for-5 with two RBIs to lead Chaparral.
• Rancho 10, Canyon Springs 5 — At Canyon Springs, Katelyn Bley and Amerissa Villamar tripled during a five-run sixth inning to help the Rams pull away from the Pioneers.
Bley finished 3-for-5 with two RBIs and two runs, and Villamar went 2-for-3 with two RBIs and three runs. Amber Day tripled and doubled for Canyon Springs.
• Boulder City 10, Mountain View 0 — At Boulder City, Mellisa Montana threw a one-hitter with six strikeouts as the Eagles beat the Saints in five innings. Caiti Forrester went 3-for-3 with three RBIs for Boulder City.
• Lake Mead 12-17, Calvary Chapel 0-0 — At Calvary Chapel, Helen Borger pitched consecutive shutouts and Rachel Henson went 5-for-8 with nine RBIs to lead the Eagles to the sweep over the Lions.
• Durango 6, Clark 0 — At Clark, Durango’s Niko Vasquez was 2-for-4 with two doubles and two RBIs to help the Trailblazers defeat the Chargers.
Julio Machado was 2-for-3 with an RBI, and Jayson McClaren and Kyle Dimartino combined on a two-hitter.
• Chaparral 10, Valley 7 — At Chaparral, Chris Juneman went 2-for-3 with a homer and five RBIs and also pitched the win to key the Cowboys.
Mark Stewart was 2-for-3 with three runs for Chaparral, and Brandon Parkinson was 2-for-3 with two RBIs.
• Green Valley 11, Vauxhall (Canada) 1 — At Green Valley, Brendan O’Connell went 3-for-4 with an RBI and Kyle Konicek went 2-for-4 with two RBIs as the Gators won in six innings. Nick Melino added two hits and three RBIs.
• Eldorado 7, Desert Pines 3 — At Desert Pines, Nigel King drove in two runs to help the Sundevils defeat the Jaguars.
Phillip Garcia added an RBI and also got a save. Johnny Love doubled twice and scored two runs for Desert Pines.
• Las Vegas 9, Palo Verde 2 — At Palo Verde, Alex Church went 3-for-4 with a homer and scored three runs and Marvin Campbell tripled as the Wildcats defeated the Panthers.
Francisco Rodarte and Blayne Grondel each had two RBIs for Las Vegas.
• Del Sol 5, Basic 3 — At Del Sol, Matt Burge keyed the Dragons’ victory with a two-run double in the fourth inning.
Tyler Guinta (two RBIs) and Chris Hampton each went 2-for-3. Basic’s Mike Shulte was 3-for-3.
• Rancho 12, Canyon Springs 8 — At Canyon Springs, Rancho’s Lance Eliason went 2-for-2 with three RBIs to lead the Rams over the Pioneers.
Alexis Gonzalez went 2-for-3 with three RBIs and James Cammack added two hits and two RBIs.
Jose Marquez was 3-for-3 for Canyon Springs.
• Sierra Vista 12, Spring Valley 2 — At Sierra Vista, Matt Klein pitched a three-hitter as the Lions downed the Grizzlies in six innings.
Klein struck out five and allowed no earned runs.
Chad Claus went 2-for-4 with two runs and an RBI for Sierra Vista and Nick Caparelli supplied two hits.
• Bishop Gorman 10, Carmel (Calif.) 5 — At Hadland Park, Scott Dysinger and Neil Lawhorn each went 2-for-3 and scored two runs, leading the Gaels over Carmel in six innings.
Joe Rickard homered for Gorman.
• Bishop Gorman 16, Cathedral City (Calif.) 2 — At Hadland Park, Brandon Garcia pitched a four-hitter with seven strikeouts and the Gaels used an 11-run third inning to rout Cathedral City in five innings.
Jory Scarborough had two RBIs for Gorman, which moved to 3-0 in the Bishop Gorman Easter Classic.
• Faith Lutheran 7, South Tahoe 6 — At Faith Lutheran, Dylan Young’s tiebreaking RBI single in the bottom of the sixth inning lifted the Crusaders to victory in the Bishop Gorman Easter Classic.
Faith Lutheran’s Christian Lopez had a three-run double to highlight a five-run fifth.Preps Central