Sam Snyder pitched a no-hitter Monday to lead Bonanza’s softball team to a 6-1 victory over visiting Clark.
Snyder struck out 13, walked three and hit three batters. Courtney Bauder had two hits and two RBIs for the Bengals.
Clark’s Jordyn McDonald allowed just three hits and struck out 10, but she was hurt by seven walks.
• Las Vegas 14, Valley 0 — At Valley, Cassandra Blanco was 4-for-4 with two RBIs and a run scored to help the Wildcats gain a five-inning victory over the Vikings.
Lindsay Anderton and Tajia Law each added three hits for Las Vegas. Jennifer Gliddon pitched a three-hitter to earn the win.
• Spring Valley 10, Bishop Gorman 0 — At Spring Valley, the Grizzlies used a pair of five-run innings to beat the Gaels in five innings.
Jasmine Wilson was 3-for-3 with a double and two RBIs, and Ryann Schleiker had a triple and two RBIs for Spring Valley. Taylor Gilliland gave up two hits in four innings with four strikeouts to earn the win.
• Sierra Vista 12, Western 2 — At Sierra Vista, Kelsey McCoy was 3-for-3 with a double and three RBIs to lead the Lions to a five-inning victory over the Warriors.
McCoy also pitched three scoreless innings to earn the win. She gave up one hit and struck out eight.
Kristin Delahoussaye went 3-for-4 with two RBIs for Sierra Vista.
• Bishop Gorman 25, Spring Valley 4 — At Spring Valley, the Gaels scored 14 runs in the top of the sixth inning and pounded the Grizzlies.
Paul Sewald was 2-for-3 and hit a first-inning grand slam, and Devin Flynn went 2-for-3 with a double, a triple, three runs scored and three RBIs for Gorman.
Joey Rickard, John Rickard, Taylor Cole and Donn Roach each added homers for the Gaels.
Cole got the win, allowing two earned runs on six hits in five innings. He struck out 10.
• Green Valley 15, Irvine (Calif.) 14 — At Green Valley, Matt Harrison doubled home Kevin Stethem with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning to lift the Gators over the Vaqueros.
Tyler Jones was 5-for-5 with a double and three runs scored, and Stethem went 4-for-5 with a double and four runs scored to lead Green Valley.
The Gators led 13-2 entering the fifth.
• Coronado 8, Vauxhall (Canada) 5 — At Coronado, Carmen Romano’s fifth-inning home run broke a 5-5 tie and helped the Cougars earn the win.
Jake Wagner was 3-for-4 with a run scored and two RBIs to lead Coronado. Jake Whiteaker added two triples, and Jordan Blanchard homered for the Cougars.
• Sierra Vista 12, Western 0 — At Sierra Vista, the Lions scored nine runs in the third inning, and three pitchers combined on a two-hitter in a five-inning win over the Warriors.
Chad Claus had a triple and a home run, and Rich Michelin went 2-for-3 with a triple and two RBIs for Sierra Vista.
Lance Ray and Josh Krumme also homered for the Lions.
• Bonanza 10, Clark 0 — At Bonanza, Chasen Shreve threw a three-hitter with eight strikeouts to lead the Bengals to a five-inning win over the Chargers.
Shreve drove in two runs, and Chris Antoku and Nick Bryant each had two hits for Bonanza.
• Las Vegas, 14, Valley 0 — At Valley, Marvin Campbell had two home runs and five RBIs to lead the Wildcats over the Vikings in five innings.
Campbell’s grand slam highlighted a seven-run third for Las Vegas. Aaron Remer went 3-for-3 with two doubles, a triple and three runs scored for the Wildcats.
• Chaparral 11, Desert Pines 6 — At Chaparral, Greg Smallwood was 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI, and Taylor Warf was 2-for-4 with a home run to lead the Cowboys.
Mark Stewart also homered for Chaparral, and Chris Butler went the distance, striking out nine, to get the win.
• Northridge (Colo.) 9, Palo Verde 2 — At Palo Verde, the Grizzlies outhit the Panthers 15-7 and gained the victory.Preps Central