In Your Neighborhood
- The 11th Annual Black History Celebration & Gospel Fest United through Song is scheduled at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Henderson Convention Center, 200 S. Water St. The event is set to include performers and food vendors. Admission is free. Call 702-267-2171.
- The Henderson Symphony Orchestra plans to present its Young Adults Concert at 2 p.m. March 2 at the Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Parkway. Admission is free. Visit hsorch.org.
- The city of Henderson is planning to celebrate Mardi Gras at 5 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Heritage Park Senior Facility, 300 S. Racetrack Road. The event includes Cajun-inspired dishes, king cake and New Orleans-style jazz music. Admission is $10 and is limited to guests 50 or older. Call 702-267-2950.
- A reception for “Reflections of the Ebony Guys, Dolls & Techs” is scheduled from 5:30 to 8 p.m. March 4 at the Green Valley Library, 2797 N. Green Valley Parkway. The exhibit of historical photos of black chorus line performers and behind-the-scenes workers is slated to be on display through March 31. Visit mypubliclibrary.org.
- The Cancun Comedy Jam is scheduled at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 in the Cancun Room inside the Fiesta Henderson, 777 W. Lake Mead Parkway. Admission is free with a two-drink minimum and limited to guests 21 or older. Visit fiestahenderson.sclv.com.
- More than 100 baskets constructed by the Las Vegas Paiute, Moapa Paiute, Chemehuevi, Shoshone and Panamint communities are set to be on display through May 31 for the Tribal Treasures: Regional Baskets and Their Collectors exhibit in the Heritage Gallery at the Clark County Museum, 1830 S. Boulder Highway. Visit clarkcountynv.gov.
- A release party for local inspirational pop musician Leon Patillo’s new CD, “You Can Begin Again,” featuring the S.I.N.G. Kids, is scheduled at 3 p.m. March 1 at Green Valley Baptist Church, 270 N. Valle Verde Drive. Visit leonpatillo.org.
Worth a Drive
- The Orleans, 4500 W. Tropicana Ave., is set to host the 10th annual Touch-A-Truck event from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 1. The event is scheduled to include police cars, firetrucks, ambulances, a helicopter, a hot air balloon and military vehicles. Tickets start at $6 in advance or $8 at the door. Visit touchatruck.com.
- A Mardi Gras Masquerade Celebration with band Creole Stomp is scheduled at 7 p.m. March 1 at the Charleston Heights Arts Center, 800 S. Brush St. Creole food, including beignets, jambalaya, hot links and wine, beer and mixed drinks are set to be available for purchase. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Visit artslasvegas.org or call 702-229-6383.
- The Southern Nevada Musical Arts Society is set to perform Carol Barnett’s “The World Beloved: A Bluegrass Mass” in a return engagement at 7:30 p.m. March 1 and 3 p.m. March 2 at the College of Southern Nevada’s Nicholas J. Horn Theatre, 3200 E. Cheyenne Ave. Tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for seniors, students, members of the military and the disabled. Visit csn.edu/pac.
- Bluegrass in the Park, a free concert with local bluegrass and acoustic bands, is scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m. March 2 at Lorenzi Park, 3333 W. Washington Ave. Visit lasvegasnevada.gov/ward5.
- “Georgia on my Mind: Celebrating Ray Charles” is scheduled at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 28 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave. The performance is set to feature Take 6, Clint Holmes, Nnenna Freelon, Kirk Whalum and the UNLV Singers and Orchestra. Tickets are $29 to $125. Visit thesmithcenter.com or call 702-749-2012.
- Performances of “In the Heights” are scheduled at 7 p.m. Feb. 27 and 28 and March 1 and 6-8 and at 2 p.m. March 1 in Las Vegas Academy’s Lowden Theatre for the Performing Arts at Ninth Street and Clark Avenue. Tickets are $18. Visit lvacademytheatre.org.
- “Anton Chekhov’s Cherry Orchard of the Living Dead” is scheduled at 8 p.m. Feb. 27, 28 and March 1 and at 2 p.m. March 9 at the Onyx Theatre, 953-16B E. Sahara Ave. Tickets are $15. Visit onyxtheatre.com or call 702-732-7225.
- Shine Alternative Fitness, 6415 S. Tenaya Way, plans to offer free classes on March 1 to celebrate its second anniversary. Classes include Beginner Aerial Silks, AntiGravity Yoga level 1, Ballet Barre Burn, AntiGravity Yoga Restorative and Pole Skills. Call 702-420-2358.
- Southern Utah University’s Ballroom Dance Company’s “Simply Ballroom” is scheduled at 2 p.m. March 2 at the Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road. Visit lvccld.org or call 702-507-3400.
- The Las Vegas Emblem Club is slated to sponsor its 57th annual Paisano Dinner from 5 to 8 p.m. March 1 at the Las Vegas Elks Lodge, 4100 W. Charleston Blvd. Proceeds from the spaghetti dinner will benefit local charities. Tickets, $15 for adults and $10 for children 11 or younger, are set to be sold at the door. Call Toni Porter at 702-797-7034 or 702-255-6123 or email email@example.com.
- The Gateway Arts Foundation plans to present Spencer Baker performing his keyboard artistry at 2 p.m. March 2 at the Starbright Theatre, 2215 Thomas W. Ryan Blvd. Doors are set to open at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $12 for Sun City Summerlin residents and $15 for nonresidents. Call 702-255-0695 or visit gatewayartsfoundation.org.
- Performances of “And Then There Were None” are scheduled for 8 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday through March 2 at the Las Vegas Little Theatre, 3920 Schiff Drive. Tickets are $24 for adults and $21 for students and seniors. Visit lvlt.org.
- Country music legend Moe Bandy is scheduled to perform at 8 p.m. Feb. 28 at the Railhead at Boulder Station, 4111 Boulder Highway. Tickets cost between $15 and $30 and can be purchased through ticketmaster.com.
- The Vegas Voice plans to present its variety show “An Afternoon Affair” at 12:30 p.m. March 5 and 19 in Club Madrid at Sunset Station,1301 W. Sunset Road. Admission is free.
- The city of Henderson’s 11th annual Bark in the Park is scheduled at 10 a.m. March 8 at Cornerstone Park, 1600 Wigwam Parkway. Admission is free. Call 702-267-4000.
- The Lion Habitat Ranch, 382 Bruner Ave., is scheduled to host its inaugural Lions & Wine Oh My! a benefit for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada, at 5:30 p.m. March 13. Admission is free and for people 21 or older. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit thecathouse.us.
- The 48th annual Sons & Daughters of Erin St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival is scheduled for March 13-16 at the Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S. Water St. The event is expected to include carnival rides, entertainment, an Irish whiskey tasting contest for those 21 or older, a parade and food and merchandise vendors. Admission is free. Visit hendersonlive.com.
- Comedian Henry Cho is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. March 14 and 15 at the South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Tickets are $15. Visit southpointcasino.com.
- Students from the Henderson-based dance studio The Dance Zone is slated to perform “Willy Wonka Jr.,” an adaptation of “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory,” at 3 and 6 p.m. March 15 at the Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road. Tickets are $5. Visit thedancezone.com.