Union membership dwindles

Let’s get this straight: Department of Labor Secretary Hilda Solis tells us that unionized workers amount to only 12.3% of American "wage and salary" workers, which is one-tenth of a percentage point lower than when President Obama took office. "Wage and salary" workers who are not government workers dropped from 7.6% to 7.2 percent.

Solis goes on to spin these remarkably low numbers to say that union-free workers make less with fewer benefits, which is why she and the Administration are pushing so hard for the Employee Free Choice Act.

A couple of points to be made for those still free of mind and body in the Obama Age of Oppression.

First, union membership in America has dwindled to become primarily the domain of government. Private sector workers increasingly want to be union free.

Yet, the Obama Administration pushes EFCA, which would allow unions to organize workers by coercion, instead of a fair secret ballot. They want this because when workers get a chance to hear the facts and vote in secret instead of being ganged up on by union "organizers", they vote to stay union free.

The Obama crew supports EFCA because it is a payback to union bosses who supported his presidency.

Think about it. Only 7.2 percent of Americans in the private sector are unionized. The rest — 92.8 percent — are union free and they are union free by choice.

TOP NEWS
ad-infeed_1x2_1
News Headlines
ad-infeed_1
ads_infeed_2
Local Spotlight
Add Event
Home Front Page Footer Listing
Circular
You May Like

You May Like