Some Britney fans said on Twitter they cried at her Planet Hollywood dress rehearsal Thursday night. They’re not weeping alone. Here are your top 10 Twitter tears for Britney Spears in recent days.
1. “I’m crying so hard I love Britney more than myself” — @_cyruslicious
2. “Crying during a Britney Spears documentary … my homosexuality has reached a whole new level.” — @corey_chappell
3. “I am that psycho fan. It happened to me. I am a lawyer and I’m crying because Britney. Bye.” — @CorporetteLaw
4. “If this Britney Jean documentary is a flop I’m going to cry” — @GodneyDelRey
5. “CRYING. HQ IMAGE OF BRITNEY PERFORMING CIRCUS WITH THE SHORT HAIR” — @BradySpears
6. “My mom started crying when she opened her Britney Spears tickets :) I did gooood” — @taymarcc
7. “if I was seeing britney in vegas today id probably cry and maybe even die idk” — @YouCanWish_3xo
8. “The opening of Britney: Piece of Me show is AMAZING! i’m crying :((” — @EzadHafizee
9. “CRYING. Gimme More/Break The Ice - Britney Spears at Planet Hollywood Rehearsal” — @Ryanwmm
10. “I’m so proud of Britney I could cry.” — @KTDanza
CRITIC IN NEED
The wife of local food critic Max Jacobson is asking for donations to cover medical bills for him being hospitalized in a coma.
A car hit the Seven magazine critic Monday while he was walking to the gym. Friends and fans can donate via Wells Fargo in the name of Setu Jacobson, account 3110223066, routing 582506501.
Tonight is UFC fight night at MGM, which means Arianny Celeste will be there as “ring girl” or “Octagon girl” or whatever that card title is.
After those bouts, the Vegas model and former UNLV student will make a star appearance at Body English nightclub in the Hard Rock Hotel, along with fellow Octagon girl Brittney Palmer, plus MMA champ Josh Barnett.
I interviewed Celeste this summer, and I just found my transcription. At the time, I forgot to tell you these things she told me, so here you go, better late than never.
I asked her what she likes and doesn’t like when people meet her. She said it’s annoying when people “go for it” with her physically.
“I like fans to be polite. I don’t like when fans immediately think they can put their arms around you and grope you. So if a guy asks, ‘Can I put my arm around you?’ that’s a polite thing. It’s my space. Don’t be a douche.”
“Women are super sweet. They always ask.”
This talk of physicalities made me ask: “You wear bikinis all the time. Aren’t you cold a lot?”
“I’m naturally one of those girls that’s always cold, so I definitely am always cold. But I don’t mind. I love bikinis.”
ACT’S BACK, SEXIER LOCALE
Club Paradise strip club has picked up performers who used to work for The Act performance-club, which shut down this year due to its being too sexy for the Venetian.
Club Paradise will stage Act entertainers in intervals after midnight on New Year’s Eve, the club’s symbolic 20th anniversary.
Strip club workers will be in costumes, and the decor altered, to give the feel of the mansion scenes in “Eyes Wide Shut.” It’s always “Eyes Wide Shut,” isn’t it?
Doug Elfman’s column appears on Page 3A in the main section on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. He also writes for Neon on Fridays. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He blogs at reviewjournal.com/elfman.