Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of overdose of heroin, alcohol

VANCOUVER, British Columbia — A coroner says “Glee” actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner’s office says in a statement Tuesday that “there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most tragic accident.”

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was “lucky to be alive.”


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.