A downtown intersection has reopened Thursday morning after a natural gas leak closed the area late Wednesday night and prompted the evacuation of a building.
About 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, Las Vegas firefighters responded to the intersection of Grand Central Parkway and Bonneville Avenue after receiving reports that a construction crew hit an underground gas line.
Southwest Gas spokesman Stephen Miller said the crew only hit an end cap and that the incident wasn’t as serious as hitting an actual gas line would have been.
There was no service disruption, Miller said.
Workers were evacuated from one World Market Center building while Southwest Gas investigated the leak. No injuries were reported, firefighters said.
The intersection was reopened by 7:30 a.m., but lane restrictions remained from the construction.
Contact reporter Annalise Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.