A fire took place at the Downtowner Motel near the intersection of Eighth Street and Ogden Avenue about 4 p.m. Monday.
The fire started on a stove of a small kitchenette inside a room on the second floor of the motel. The fire was confined to the stove and the wall behind it. The Las Vegas Fire Department put out the fire, said spokesman Tim Szymanski.
A toddler who was in the unit during the fire was transported to University Medical Center Trauma Unit to be checked for smoke inhalation, he said.
There fire caused no damage to other units within the motel. Fire damage was estimated at about $5,000.
Officials continue to investigate.
Contact reporter Maria Agreda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-383-0391. Find her on Twitter: @mjfagre.