Updated 

Trash can fire at Cosmopolitan damages rooms


Crews from the Clark County Fire Department responded to The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Friday afternoon after multiple rooms were reportedly burning on the 18th floor.

More than 50 first responders, a full high-rise response, were dispatched to the Strip resort just after 1 p.m., but the actual incident was a small fire in a trash can inside a room that was caused by a discarded cigarette.

There were no injuries, according to the fire department, but the smoke caused about $10,000 in damage.

Clark County firefighters responded to another fire in an apartment complex caused by discarded smoking materials just an hour earlier on Friday.

Contact Wesley Juhl at wjuhl@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Find him on Twitter: @WesJuhl.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or Stephens Media LLC. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.