Man arrested in bus stop shooting


Clark County School District police on Monday arrested a man in connection with the Nov. 13 shooting at a bus stop near Ries Elementary School.

Antoine L. Ford faces three counts of child endangerment and one count of possession of stolen property in the incident, which involved two 7-year-old boys: one who brought the 9 mm handgun to the bus stop and one who fired the weapon at an unoccupied car near the southwest valley school.

Police said Ford had possession of the stolen weapon and knew that it was unsecured and in close proximity of young children.

Sources told the Review-Journal last week that Ford is the boyfriend of the mother of one of the boys involved in the shooting.

The boys won’t face charges, police said. Under Nevada law, children 7 and younger cannot be charged with a crime.