Man dies after being burned in Reno apartment fire

RENO — A 58-year-old man has died after suffering third-degree burns to 90 percent of his body in a Reno apartment fire.

Police said Ronald Feemster died at California’s UC Davis Burn Center on Friday evening, a day after the blaze.

Another victim, 28-year-old Luke Mumui, remained in critical care at the burn center after also suffering third-degree burns to 90 percent of his body.

Police said the condition of 36-year-old Priscilla Endemann was upgraded and she no longer was in intensive care at a Reno hospital.

Investigators said the fire in the center unit of a large two-story apartment complex on Manhattan Street originated in the garage while the occupants were repairing a vehicle.

The fire was most likely caused by fuel vapors inside the garage, they said.


Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.