Officials say extension cord caused apartment fire


An early morning fire at Boston Apartments, near Industrial Road and Sahara Avenue, was ruled accidental by fire investigators.

The resident of the apartment, at 230 W. Boston Ave., did not have electricity and was using an extension cord from the apartment upstairs for power, Las Vegas fire spokesman Tim Szymanski said. Investigators believe the extension cord started the fire by the bed.

The fire only affected one unit, and damage is estimated at $15,000.

There were no injuries.

Contact reporter Wesley Juhl at wjuhl@reviewjournal.com and 702-383-0381. Follow him on Twitter @WesJuhl.

 

Comment section guidelines

The below comment section contains thoughts and opinions from users that in no way represent the views of the Las Vegas Review-Journal or GateHouse Media. This public platform is intended to provide a forum for users of reviewjournal.com to share ideas, express thoughtful opinions and carry the conversation beyond the article. Users must follow the guidelines under our Commenting Policy and are encouraged to use the moderation tools to help maintain civility and keep discussions on topic.