Food City 500, Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tenn.
10:15 a.m. today (KVVU-5)
Rating Driver Odds Practice 1 Qualified Practice 2 Practice 3
1. Kyle Busch 5-1 8th 5th 1st 5th
Five-time winner with 1,703 laps led in 21 starts best 10-consecutive lap average in Practice 2.
2. Carl Edwards 8-1 10th 1st 5th 4th
Three-time winner (2007, 2008, 2014) — one of the best since half-mile track repaved in 2007.
3. Denny Hamlin 10-1 1st 4th 18th 1st
2012 winner, third last fall 16.6 average finish, 578 laps led. Should be quick on long runs.
4. Joey Logano 6-1 19th 3rd 6th 12th
The top contender to derail the fast Joe Gibbs Toyotas. Won two of the past three at Bristol.
5. Matt Kenseth 8-1 11th 2nd 8th 10th
Four-time winner leads NASCAR loop data in driver rating, average run position, laps in top 15.
6. Jimmie Johnson 7-1 4th 6th 32nd 6th
Only one win (2010) in 28 starts (14.4 average) — fourth or better in six of past 10 starts.
7. Kevin Harvick 6-1 6th 7th 26th 7th
2005 winner under old layout runner-up last fall, his first top 5 there since 2008.
8. Kurt Busch 12-1 12th 26th 3rd 13th
Five-time winner but none since track repaved — only three top 5s since 2007.
9. Brad Keselowski 8-1 3rd 12th 28th 15th
Became 12th different driver to win back-to-back at Bristol in 2012 sixth last fall.
10. Martin Truex Jr. 15-1 2nd 8th 13th 3rd
Not his best track (20th or worse last five), but he also never had stellar Gibbs equipment.
Note: 88 of the 110 (80 percent) Bristol Cup races have been won from a top-10 start position, including eight of the past nine. Odds courtesy of the Westgate.
Micah Roberts, a former Las Vegas sports book director, has been setting NASCAR odds since 1994. Follow him on Twitter @MicahRoberts7.